***STOLEN Land Rover 100" trayback challenge truck***

Was stolen last week in the area of Shalford. The challenge truck was built by LRS engineering and has the advertising on it. It has the chassis from a series 2 discovery, 4.0v8, rag-top, straightforward supplies double beadlock wheels with simex, scorpion racing shock mounts and shocks (long travel), 8274 with xp motor etc. This is a pretty custom motor so if anyone sees or heres of this sort of stuff for sale etc. please let me know or LRS engineering 01371 850450 There will be other pics of it around as it did challenges like tay forest and 3 peaks etc. here are a few from mission4x4

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

Picture 5

Picture 6

Picture 7

Picture 8

Picture 9

Thanks

Good grief,

As said thats an odd truck to nick, prob destined as parts :( as far

to obvious / spottable, guess a sign to all that anything can be a target

Do hope he gets it back - but expereince maybe shows he won't

Keep us imformed if anything develops

Always reminds me of the (proper) Hells Angel who left his bike outside his house

on it was a sign saying "If your stupid enough to try and nick this you'll be F*****g sorry"

Reason was a hidden sprung loaded marlin spike wired to a mercury switch

Apparently he came out one morning, there was the spike sticking through the seat

and a trial of blood from it, which he then followed..................

Now THATS a antitheft device

The other was the nutter who wired his car to the mains and a would be pikey thief

tried to nick it and Mr Nutter heard the Squeak Eeek & Ferrrrruck and bang as the sparks kicked in......

Makes you think :) ?

Nige

I use LRS regularly and have experienced the build of this truck over about 2 years, ed put alot of time and effort into this truck and it just makes me sick that some thieving scum is busy somewhere taking it too bits, im too angry for words, you really wonder what goes through the peoples minds who do this that makes them think its alright.

alex

My condolences I hope that you get it back.

I know in this case it is shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted, however I have one of these hardwired in a waterproof plastic box with back up battery, somewhere not very obvious in my disco. :rolleyes:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=99114

Cost £125 + a pay as you go sim.

If someone does nick my truck I then have two options. After the device txts me with the lat / long, I can either paste the position into google maps and find exactly where the truck is before giving the address to the police. Alternatively I can pop round myself with an iron bar and resolve :ph34r: the issue in the middle of the night when the little f*cker is least expecting it...

Similar items are available on ebay which additionally have wiring for a 'function' signal, i.e. you can wire it so that you send a message to the device and tell it to trip the cars imobiliser. Game over. Some also let you dial into the phone and hear what is going on in the background without the phone ringing out. Good for evidence gathering if you feel inclined, and at the very least you can listen to the oiks conversation immediately after you have remotely killed the trucks ignition whilst they are on the motorway 5 miles from the nearest exit :lol:

Worth adding to any truck in my view.

Alistair