Britpart Springs

discovery-boy

I have just ordered some bripart standard height heavy duty springs for my 300 Tdi, have i wasted my money or are they ok, Also it states that they are 376mm in height is this ok as i didnt check my spring height or know the height of a standard disco 1 rear spring. Opinions and advice please.

thanks

Have heard they sag quite quickly/are variable quality. I've never used them myself, but I don't use anything that britpart make.

Les.

I've had the opposite experience. Got a set of Britpart springs on the rear of my 110. They've been on for about 3 years with no signs of sagging - in fact, the powder coat is also undamaged. Bear in mind that my vehicle is loaded close to max GVW almost all the time, used extensively off road, and also my daily drive, I'm well pleased with them.

Matt

i would agree with Les,

when it comes to springs - you might be pleasantly surprised at how little they cost direct from landrover and there are many many types of spring you can choose for your specific application.

take a look at the spring table bible here - Springy table linky

disco tdi front springs are 150lbs/inch and 16" long

disco tdi rear springs are 155-220lbs/inch progressives and 15" long

a simple upgrade for stiffness/heavy duty would be to use

front:- D90 / disco HD fronts at 175lbs/inch and 15" long

Rear:- D90 HD rears at 210-240lbs/inch progressives and 14.5" long

shouldnt give a lift (depends how knackered your old ones are, but could look dramatic if the old ones have sagged 2 inches!!!!) and should stiffen things up to a nice level without knocking your fillings out! So send the britpart stuff back unopened for a refund and get yourself down to the local stealership. Also sticking to standard LR OEM springs can make your insurance less of a hassle as you havent gone for 'performance suspension upgrades' which can bump up your premiums.

Nick

I fitted some britpart yellow springs to a RRC abour 2.5 years ago, they have sagged a little (slight lean to one side),but other wise are ok and about to go under another RRC. I also got 2 pairs of britpart made/distrobuted pattern part springs 1.5 years ago, I haven't noticed a sag in these (also fitted with helper airbags on the rear which compencates for uneven load) though the rear pair which I've had off have a slight bow in them, so they don't stand up straight. I doubt I would chose britpart springs again (didn't know the pattern parts were britpart untill they were delivered).

I fitted some britpart yellow springs to a RRC abour 2.5 years ago, they have sagged a little (slight lean to one side),but other wise are ok and about to go under another RRC. I also got 2 pairs of britpart made/distrobuted pattern part springs 1.5 years ago, I haven't noticed a sag in these (also fitted with helper airbags on the rear which compencates for uneven load) though the rear pair which I've had off have a slight bow in them, so they don't stand up straight. I doubt I would chose britpart springs again (didn't know the pattern parts were britpart untill they were delivered).

s**tpart

As far as I'm concerned Britpart have had enough chances with me, I've had hub seals that don't fit, a water pump that lasted 11 days, rubbish Chinese bearings, and many other poor quality parts from them.

I'll never buy any of their stuff again if I can help it, and i don't mind slating them on the web, as I think their poor quality goods, and obviously ineffective quality system should loose them any accreditation they have managed to earn...

I've had more luck with Bearmach and Allmakes, + as others have said, OEM springs might be the way forward for you.

I've got OEM Mil-spec rear springs on my Disco (As used on later Camel Discos) and am well pleased with them (280lbs) they lifted the rear by approx 20mm, and don't sag too much even when heavily loaded.

+ as they are an OEM part with a proper part number your insurance company will not be fussed about it.

Aye

My experiences = Britpart = Gamble with your money = Most prob lose

Junk, poor fitting poor qulaity and poor (read non existant) customer service

ie I actually had a Britpart muppet say to me on the phone "What do expect for the price :rofl: "

my reply re "Fit for purpose / merchantable qulaity" was met with a stunned silence - I got a refund

after a squabble or 5, then was told not to both using them again :rofl: Yeah thanks for that advice

I won't now buy ANYTHING with a S**tpart label on it and re springs LR OEM genuine give you lengths and poundages

to pick and choose from with correct values rather than wild variances, and are cheap too :) In fact I often check Main dealer prices

against non genuine and the genuine are often CHEAPER than the tutt aftermarket junk :)

Nige

I run the standard height shorter rears in the front to deal with my winch and the standard height longer rears in the back, they seem to work fine and gave a good lift over the standard springs that had sagged

I can't advise if the britpart springs will last the test of time as they have only been on 3 months but at £15 each or there abouts I am not that bothered

last week the bearings in the alternater on the wifes 300 discovery started shreiking,phoned around for a replacement,main stealer-don,t ask!!!! all the mail order people could offer was ****part for around £90.went to see the local repair man,£45 new bearings,brushbox,regulater.i have and would never again use britpart,you pay your money and take your chance,chances are it won,t last more than a couple of weeks.merry christmas to all.

It might help if you ask the supplier the right questions or provide them with the right information before deciding which make of part you wish to buy. Britpart will supply either their own after market parts which are invariably cheaper than OEM. Or they will supply genuine Land Rover parts which of course will cost more.

They also carry a range of items that are made by the same manufactures that supply direct to Land Rover.

This doesn't apply to the whole range of products but it certainly does for a huge part of their parts.

Lets say you asked for a rotor arm and paid 2 pounds for it, the box said Britpart. Would you honestly think that the quality would be anywhere near as good as the genuine Land Rover box part that cost 6 pounds?

Then go back and ask for a set of WOLF rims....they are genuine Land Rover parts on a Britpart pallet and cost less than the parts counter prices of your local dealer.

So it helps to be educated about what parts you are asking for....ie don't buy Orange because it's not considered Cool in front of your mates?

I heard some one once say on this forum that he would not put sh*tpart water in his washer bottle.

with good reson.

I had a sh*tpart water pump. . . . . lasted 23 miles & I could not get a refund - because it was used. . .

I must say that I had some Britpart Cellular shocks that were good for the money, but never heard any thing good about the rest of their stuff, or any success with any other of their stuff.

Bear in mind, though call BRITPART - it's all made in bloody China. China is renound for selling cheap stuff, that's done on the cheap by unskilled people on-mass.

My personal recomendation on springs, is get a set of Bearmach springs & Pro-comp shockers.

They do what it says on the can & you can ring Bearmach & get good advice frrom some one who actually knows what he's talking about.

For the money, Bearmach goodies are worth it & have a reasonable after sales support.

Look above at the postings . . . . . Do Britpart have 100% good feedback - NO.

If you want guaranteed perfect product, then your springs will cost some £100 a piece + vat.

On a budget, go for the items with the least neg' feedback.

This says NO to sh*tpart & a good YES to Bearmach

ONE BRAND TO AVOID AT ALL COSTS IS FROGS-ISLAND TERRA-FIRMA SPRINGS & SHOCKS. I had 2 sets of these crappy things, cost me £285 above the cost of this sh*te in fitting, travel & Fernside 4x4 had my Landy for 2 weeks to no avail & I still had to fight for a refund.

Your choice from here on.

Filthy

• 3 weeks later...

If I wanted to replace the slightly sagging rear springs on my truck and decided to go for standard height but heavy duty ones I thought that I would get a rear that was slightly higher than the nose - now that I would be happy with!

Given this info from above:

I am confused as it looks like the HD ones are shorter than the standards??

Could anyone confirm best move then please?

If I wanted to replace the slightly sagging rear springs on my truck and decided to go for standard height but heavy duty ones I thought that I would get a rear that was slightly higher than the nose - now that I would be happy with!

Given this info from above:

I am confused as it looks like the HD ones are shorter than the standards??

Could anyone confirm best move then please?

Although the HD springs are shorter they are stiffer so do not compress as much and therefore give the same ride height as the softer longer standard springs.

HTH

Pete.

Well,I have just fitted +2 HD springs to my discovery from britpart and its transformed the truck,made it so much more stable and all round more useable.With that said the paint finish wasnt that good and was easly chipped/scratched,I didnt like the yellow colour so I painted them with black hammerite after a good rub down.