200tdi & 300 tdi turbo? Differences??

SeriousIIa

Yea but with a bit of fettling a 300 tdi turbo will fit onto a 200tdi engine and you will get a bit more boost with the 300.

I;ve already got a 300 tdi turbo with going engine, but I would like to get a little bit more room in that area, so I'm looking for a smaller one or different manifold, so my accelerator will work (LHD) . Any ideas?

14.jpg

hi there i think you can remove the large sir clip on the alloy side of the turbo and rotate the turbo so that the pipe comes out on a different angle maybe that may help

Yes, you can 'clock' the outlet. Just make sure that you mark where the wastegate bolts are so that you can realign them when the outlet is turned. Also trial fit the wastegate as the outlet may be where the the wastegate wants to go!. (You will need to tap out two new holes for the wastegate).

I used a pair of pipe wrench with pins fitted(90 degrees from nose), to release circlip.

Cheers.

Yes, you can 'clock' the outlet. Just make sure that you mark where the wastegate bolts are so that you can realign them when the outlet is turned. Also trial fit the wastegate as the outlet may be where the the wastegate wants to go!. (You will need to tap out two new holes for the wastegate).

like photo

from this

post-1882-1230439027_thumb.jpg

to this

post-1882-1230439232_thumb.jpg

:blink: TWIZZLE :blink:

• 11 years later...