IMPORTANT WELSH WEEKEND INFORMATION

GBMUD

Just so that everyone knows and so that we are all singing from the same hymn sheet:

• Remember that small groups are the order of the day. 6 is the absolute maximum.
  • Remember that fuel stations in Wales can be hard to come by, especially on a Sunday. If possible, arrange to start out each day with a full tank - or at the very least, be sure you have enough for the WHOLE day. This is especially true of LPG powered vehicles! If anyone has details of LPG stations in south to mid-wales would they please publish them here.
  • Remember that food is almost as difficult to find as fuel. Best to have some sandwiches on board - pubs are all very well but there are not many on Strata Florida and, even if you do find one the rest of your group may not want to lunch out. Be prepared.
  • Bring a decent rope and have proper recovery points. You should not be getting stuck on greenlanes but we will be visiting some pretty remote parts and mistakes/the unexpected can happen.
  • Use common sense, bring some common/simple spare parts, don't drink and drive, wear sunscreen and be nice to ramblers, even if they are not nice to you.

Anything I missed? :P

Thanks

Chris

[*]Remember that fuel stations in Wales can be hard to come by, especially on a Sunday. If possible, arrange to start out each day with a full tank - or at the very least, be sure you have enough for the WHOLE day.

Chris

Well thats me stuffed !!!,, best i bring a spare jerry can !! V8's don't you just love um!! :o

when is eveyone going over !! sometime fri afternoon ?? :unsure:

I'll be arriving late on Fri night - save me a beer! I'll be bringing my maps, but I'm not sure if any of the lanes I have marked have been recently TRO'd (and I don't have the time to check). Can anyone advise...?

cheers!

I am planning to ask the local authority about TROs this week but they have been less than helpful in the past - anyone local have any top tips on who to ask for in the ROW department? I even considered being on their doorstep first thing Friday morning in order to inspect the definitive maps.

I presume that a TRO should be signposted at either end of a lane?

Chris