TD5 Fuel priming

elmscroft

Hi All,

Happy New Year to everyone. How do I prime the fuel system on a TD5 Discovery? I only changed the fuel filter and in my haste didn't fill the new one and couldn't keep it going once started. Is it a self bleed system, if not where are the bleed points? Have run the battery once, although didn't take much in this cold weather.

Any Ideas welcomed.

Many Thanks

Mike

do a purge. ignition to pos II, pump the throttle 5 times, you'll the the MIL flashing and you hear the fuel pump running, wait for 2 min. it should stop. off the ignition. wait 5 seconde, put to pos II, pump the throttle 5 times till the MIL flashes, wait for another 2 minutes and crank for 20sec or till it starts, which ever is first.

See if it works for you!

Hi.

Thanks Marcus, tried that last night without success, as it was on the Defender forum. To be fair battery may have been a little low. Found another purge idea, which was ignition to position 11, leave for 3 min. fully depress throttle and keep it there while cranking engine for no more than 30 second intervals, until it starts and engine reaches 600 rpm. Tried this a 6am this morning and it tried firing straight away, then added battery charger and off it went, so between both methods I'm up and running. Thanks you.

Best Wishes

Mike