Disco problem???

loonylandy

Recently did my head gasket and for the first 70 miles it ran fine no problems etc. Now i have lost my heaters and i keep getting gurgling in the expansion bottle. I have bleed the system again and refilled it and had it on the drive for 2 hrs bleeding trapped air out of it but after about 10 mins of driving the heaters stop working and the temp goes up and down then slowly up. When i stop it then gurggles again. I dont seem to be losing water and the engine is running fine, better than it did before the gasket was done !!!!

Is this just a air block or something more serious ??

Cheers

tony

Doesn't sound too healthy to me :( 300s don't usually have a problem with airlocks if you fill them the right way.

Did you use the correct angle tightening procedure in the workshop manual when you put the head back on?

yes mate sure did , everything by the book

Guest DiscoTD4
Recently did my head gasket and for the first 70 miles it ran fine no problems etc. Now i have lost my heaters and i keep getting gurgling in the expansion bottle. I have bleed the system again and refilled it and had it on the drive for 2 hrs bleeding trapped air out of it but after about 10 mins of driving the heaters stop working and the temp goes up and down then slowly up. When i stop it then gurggles again. I dont seem to be losing water and the engine is running fine, better than it did before the gasket was done !!!!

Is this just a air block or something more serious ??

Cheers

tony

Hi

On mine I had a hell of a job bleeding the system - did you bleed from the plug on top of the thermostat housing ?

Does the top hose to the rad get hot ?

Was the thermostat disturbed and possibly put back the wrong way round ?

Still thinking of some ideas

Cheers