Britpart yellow polybushes

A mate has them on his 110 - they seem ok from a ride point of view. I'm not overly impressed by the way the washers are sitting against the bush on the rear trailing arms (chassis end), but that's more down to their design.

And the shock bushes are a bitch to fit. They just don't squish up enough to get the back nuts started.

Was that a can of worms I heard opening?

By all accounts, Britpart bushes (note, POLYBUSH is a brand name, everything else is a Polyurethane bush) are rubbish, as are Deflex.

If you ARE going to change your bushes from OE to an aftermarket set, I would personally spend some cash and get Superpro bushes.

I have them fitted to my Defender, and I love them. The steering is more crisp & responsive.

You will find that there are two very distinct camps on this subject on this forum, with people swearing by Polybush and/or Superpro, and people swearing AT Polybush and/or Superpro.

When I asked advice on the subject awhile ago, I found this out for myself. Only way to see is to actually go ahead & fit a new set.

My 2p would certainly be Superpro. They are available from OEC. Give Anton a ring, and he will give you a straight answer.

HTH

Martin

Got a full set of Superpro (the aussie ones) from Bearmach to go on the Disco when it warms up. Quite a good price they were too.......:)

The deflex ones are only really good for use on cars, they just will not take the abuse of a landrover. Had Deflex ones on my XR4x4 and they were fantastic, but would not even consider them on the Disco.

I've got a set on my 90, full set bar the shocks; dito with the fitting them to the shocks :angry: , had them on for a year now. Had to change the OE ones 'cuse they were shot.

I've not really noticed any change in the ride quality except it has reduced the body roll a bit. I've sorta got a roof tent 100% fitted to it, plus a 2in lift kit from Britpart.

Used Poly on my 110 back in Saudi Arabia, the Orange ones, and I did give the motor a bit of a hard time in the bondoo, with the temperature hovering around 65degC in the desert; never had a problem with them. Put them on about 3 years before I sold the motor.

Used the Red-uns on one of the Rangies I also had in Saudi and found it used to squeek a bit and a tad stiff in the ride, but cornered well. ;)

Also used the Blue ones on another Rangie again in Saudi and found it softer than the OE ones. Took the sleeping policemen in it's stride. :lol:

As far as I can tell, there dosn't seem to be much difference between the Orange Pollies and the Yellow Britpart ones, suppose their the same stiffness.

Keith.

• 3 weeks later...
Was that a can of worms I heard opening?

By all accounts, Britpart bushes (note, POLYBUSH is a brand name, everything else is a Polyurethane bush) are rubbish, as are Deflex.

Martin

Britpart bush kits are Polybush, they come in a Polybush box. Same as my ARB compressor came from Britpart and my EPC disks and pads.

I find the yellow Polybush from Britpart or anyone else too hard so use the blue ones on mine.

I was fortunate enough to get a set of SuperPro bushes for use on the Outback Challenge, fitted a mix of those and the Britpart Polybush Blues just prior to shipping in March last year, did a few thousand k in Australia including the competition and have yet to need to replace either the SuperPro ones or the Britpart ones.

It's going to depend on your use but unless you're doing a lot of miles fully laden I'd go for a softer option and if they don't last quite as long then at least they're easier to replace than OEM rubber ones.

Bought 3 sets of the britpart's yellows for my friends.

Nice boxes, but inside was mixed-up: two more shock bushes, but two less for the panhard, two more for rear rad arm, two less for front arm, so..bear in mind.

• 3 months later...

so is a yes they are ok for light use or a big no no save ya money

i ve done a good search and all seam to be 50/50 on any bushes :o

i do 2000 miles a year 50% on road 50% light off roading my bushes i feel are shagged and am concidering the britpart one as funds are tight shall

Personally I'd go for SuperPro but the Britpart ones are OK if you can't afford SuperPro, just make sure your supplier is actually cheaper than SuperPro otherwise it's a no-brainer. Assuming there is a real cost difference I'd be tempted to use SuperPro in the high stress/wear bushes - panhard, front and rear radius arm bushes(chassis end) and so on.

i have the orange Polybushes on my 90 - as i didnt want the red (too hard) or the blue (too soft) and was told the orange ones are almost the same in compliancy as the original rubber LR efforts.

easy to fit - yep

easy to replace - yep

fairly cheap - yep

would i fit them again - nope.

honestly, when they give up the ghost i will be going back to GENUINE landrover metalastic bushes. I find the ride a bit to jolting compared to genuine bushes and offroad they dont have as much give and i can tell things feel more strained underneath on the more twisty bits. The chassis end rear radius arm bushes are already getting a bit deformed after a year (should really fit cranked rear arms to cope with the extra droop, but hey-ho) and the front panhard rod bushes are also starting to develop a bit of slop.

as they fail / need replacing i will definitely be fitting originals back in the place.

dont get me wrong, they aint rubbish and the handling was lovely and crisp after fitting them. But its hard to tell how much is due to the brand and type of bush, cos the old ones fitted were absolutely cream crackered so anything would have been a vast improvement!