'91 Tdi 90 Wash/Wipe action

In these days of salt covered roads, the was/wipe on my 90 must run to at least 5 strokes of the wipers.

This is plenty to remove the wash water from the screen, but on busy motorways means the screen is smeared again before the wiping cycle has finished.

Is there any way to reduce the number of wipe cycles easily?

Cheers,

Graham

On the intermittent wipe setting mine only does one sweep, which is correct.

It's when pressing the screen wash that I get 4 or 5 sweeps of wipers. In most cases it's not really a problem - except in high salt conditions like we've had over the last few days, when it's a blinking nuisance :( .

I might have to look for the connection that gives wipe function when pressing wash and disconnect it - I'm sure I can manage to switch the wipers on manually when using the screen wash!!

Webasto ThermoTop being fitted next week - weather is bound to warm up from mid-week!! :rolleyes:

Cheers,

I should have said washer operated & gets 4 wipes. intermittent just does 1 wipe then rests, relay is the red one behind the fuse panel, maybe it can be adjusted/modified to change the number of wipes.

Webasto ThermoTop being fitted next week

nice :D

Please post results, Graham. I've just returned from driving 400 miles to Leeds and back (students to return) and no problems apart from the bottom half of the driver's side un-washable over 30 mph. Passenger side works perfectly. I did evolve a technique for continuous washing as I overtook lorries which meant the pressure wave as I passed the front pushed some water further down. And my tentative conclusion is that one fewer wipes would be good but I also need to aim the jet lower on the screen.

• 2 weeks later...