wiring connections needed please

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

on new years eve, some t**t tried to steal my defender 90 200tdi, they didn't succeed but made a mess of my dash and smashed the steering shrouds. Anyway they have pulled off the wires from the ignition switch and I can't work out where they go back.

On the back of the ignition switch there are 5 spade connections, now here's the mystery, there were 6 wires hanging out of the dash.

1 white

1 white/orange

1white/red

1 white/black

1 brown

1 brown/red with a smaller one same colour crimped into the same lug.

the brown ones are larger sized wires than the white ones and the crimp lugs do not fit onto the spades on the ignition switch, however,on the floor of the landy was a brown wire with a big spade on one end and a small lug on the other, sugesting that it should go onto the switch, anyway by a bit of trial and error, I have got it going but I have got the big brown/red wire left and the white/black left and one free spade connector on the switch, now I know that there are spare wires all over the loom but the big brown/red seems a bit too significant to ignore. Can anyone help?