V8 90/110 rad cowl pics and dim's.

I hope to run a viscous fan with the RR V8 im fitting to the 90 but will need to have a cowl to make it work. The engine in my truck is set a long way back but Im hopeing a std factory V8 cowl would be a good starting point to make something to suit.

Does anyone have a few Pics of the V8 cowl and the dimension from the rad to the back edge of the cowl (how far it sticks back to where the fan sits in it)? so I can get some idea before splashing out some hard earned cash.

Cheers.

Steve.

just curious, why you going viscous over a leccy fan?

Because I really dont like electric fans, especially for what I do. The viscous is much more reliable, moves much more air and works brilliantly. If they do fail its more often than not in the locked position which is fine, Atleast you can finish the event and if they do loose drive you can usually jam them to drive to finish the day. Electrics really dont like mud and water, Need a massive one or probably 2 smaller ones to move the same air as the viscous and if you have a decent thermostat there shouldn't be any real problem with warm up time using a viscous. Basically its simple and it works. If an electric goes in the middle of no where theres not much your going to do.

If I have to i'll run an electric, we have done for years so its not the end of the world but If I have a choice it will be viscous.

:D

Cheers.

Steve.

I have a genuine V8 90 cowling - post up if you wnat me to meaasure the dims etc ?

Nige

:D Pretty please Nige!

Do you think it would work with the rr V8 Nige? Is the water pump (and there for the fan) in the same place as a 90/110 V8? I think I'll have to extend it and cut some bits out around the steering box and bottom hose (both top and bottom hoses are on the left of rad now) but I figure it should fit otherwise.

Cheers.

Steve.

P.S. Please excuse my ignorance, V8's are all new to me.

Hmmmmm

Unsure V8 90s can be odd as genuine.

I'll be in the workshop all day tommorrow T Cab cage fiittin 'n welding so will

do some pics of the front of the engine and the cowling and some dims too .

My Rad is a 2.5 TD tanks with a big multi wide core in it with std V8 90

in and out but the cowling is just trimmed to fit, so don't worry if the rad looks odd :)

nige