Fitting a 90 Truck Cab Roll Cage System

I think the answer is that the hoop is a standard item. Can't see Jase or Steve having the patience to wait for a custom hoop to be bent though!!! :D :D :D

It pains me to say it :ph34r: but John is right - the hoop is unnecessariliy weakened - you could go straight from the same mounting plate to the bend at bulkhead level without the intermediate bend. No need to use outriggers.

You could of course go one better still and go from the top of the cage direct to the baseplate, but then you would need additional tube work to protect the edge of the cab or better still, have an outrigger so the hoop has vertical sides. At the end of the day everything is a compromise. :)

Bish is right (Again) :lol: We cant wait .

The cages are bought in kit form , one of two kits P&P do , One is standard fitting and the ones me and Steve have are the close fitting challenge cages .

The inherant weakness is minimalised be only a slight bend and returning to the chassis on an angle and not like other cages that sit parralell onto the chassis , And with double diagnals fitted correctly to the base plates will stiffen the whole affair up.

More than happy with it . ;)