CALLING ALL FORUM MEMBERS

pugwash

Having read through all the replies and opinions, I think that probably the best way forward is to piggy back on a club. However, I don't want to have to join a different club for each forum event I go to. I know this is not the case as many of the bigger sites are equipped with their own insurance, but in the South West we seem a bit devoid of suitable candidates.

So, specifically for events in the South West, which club makes most sense?

I suppose we should have a poll of all Forum members who are likely to / have in the past attended events down this way, but first I need some suggestions as to which clubs would be the best to approach. Shires and J33P are contenders, but which others are worth considering?

Answers on a post card / £10 note please :rolleyes:

What sort of events specifically do you want to put on?

What sort of events specifically do you want to put on?

The best way to describe them would be "Pay and play non competitive punch challenge by invitation form the Forum only!!!" :lol::lol::P

Basically, in the past they have been play days with some punches laid out for those who want to attempt them.

well any j33p event I've been to has been great.well organised and well worth attending.

have you asked where they get insurance?

Yep I'd agree totally. Don't know where they get insurance, I shall investigate.

Only problem I can foresee with J33P is that the sort of stuff we like to do off road is quite different to what they enjoy so they may frown on us blatantly using their club for insurance whilst not really bringing much to it for the J33P members to benefit from.

Bish

Ok then i live in the Taunton, so South West, for events down here i do:

1 a month with Challenge South West Club (£25 membership + £40 an event), either winch challenge or punch style.

then i will try and get along to any of the other ones advertise don here:

eg HBRO and MWWC last weekend, Bunny Lane with Shire Club last year, plus Wales trip to come etc.

It does get expensive joining loads of different clubs.

The best way to describe them would be "Pay and play non competitive punch challenge by invitation form the Forum only!!!" :lol::lol::P

Basically, in the past they have been play days with some punches laid out for those who want to attempt them.

Why by invitation from the Forum only?

1: Is you want to take advantage of what an existing club offers (cheap insurance) why would you alienate the existing members of that club?

2: Also you would be bringing the forum to the attention of a wider audience by allowing others along.

3: Increased entry numbers mean it can be cheaper for all and still cover the land fee and insurance

The AWDC has active areas in Somerset and Devon but only organise trials. You would be bringing something to the club with the event format you suggest as you would be looking at giving existing members in the area something else to do.

Have you spoken with Paul Challis? He's assisted Shire running fun punch events and might be happy to help you run an event under the CSW umbrella. Though if you run it under Shire I think their membership fees might be more reasonable.

Questions, questions...:o:P

Here are some answers......

I was saying Forum invite only as a way of avoiding getting a bunch of pr!cks :blink: turning up and causing havoc as I have experienced on many occasions at pay and play days.

Of course if it was organised under the auspices of a club then it would be open to their members.

Getting a wider audience is all well and good, but as I said above, life is far more enjoyable if the people attending are known to be reliable.

I have been to several of Paul's excellent B) events in the past which were exactly what we would like to reproduce. I understand one of the reasons he gave up was because of concerns over insurance.

Tony - I understand where you are coming from, but I wasn't intending of affiliating the Forum to any club, just trying to find the most appropriate club for Forumeers to join so they don't have to join half a dozen different clubs each time an event is proposed. I think the Forum's independence is its greatest asset.

AWDC sounds interesting - I shall peruse their website.....