£30 bargain on amazon or more snake oil

martyn668

LINK

Only £29.95 to boost the power of your Land Rover Defender - that's what I was searching for, but I'm sure it works on other LR models. In fact it claims to work with any electronically managed engine, but not if it's turbo charged, which doesn't leave many Defender engines then. It's machined from billet aluminium, so it must be good - you look at the picture and wonder what bit, and then you realise it's the knob (since there's nothing else to it).

Unfortunately, I have a Td5, so I don't qualify for a magic horsepower boost for under £30.

Normally all these bits of kit are a resistor in-line with the mass-air sensor that tricks the ECU into thinking the air is denser than it actuals is. Result - ECU puts in more fuel, therefore richer mixture, more power, less ecconomy.

If you really want to try this buy a selection of resistors from an electronics shop and try them out - probably for £1 not £30 :lol: