Transylvania Adventure Trophy 2009

Soliholic

Any one on here going to this or interested in going?

We have at present 5 cars going but we need 1 more to make a team (2 cars per team), so if any one fancies it could they let me know ASAP.

It is a 5 day event, entry fee of £490 per person driver & co-driver, lots of navigation & plenty of challenging off roading! :blink: ...http://www.transilvania-trophy.com/

Paul

• Like 1

Any one on here going to this or interested in going?

We have at present 5 cars going but we need 1 more to make a team (2 cars per team), so if any one fancies it could they let me know ASAP.

It is a 5 day event, entry fee of £490 per person driver & co-driver, lots of navigation & plenty of challenging off roading! :blink: ...http://www.transilvania-trophy.com/

Paul

Be good to know who needs a team mate and when is it?

Be good to know who needs a team mate and when is it?

Hi Ade...

We are looking for a team mate for Martin Stainer,

So far we have..Andy Nash & Myself, Dom Brione & Vincent (another foreigner) which leaves Martin partnerless!!

Dates are 4th-9th July but probably 3 days either side for getting there & back. :blink:

Fancy it? or are you off to Croatia?

Paul

Hi Ade...

We are looking for a team mate for Martin Stainer,

So far we have..Andy Nash & Myself, Dom Brione & Vincent (another foreigner) which leaves Martin partnerless!!

Dates are 4th-9th July but probably 3 days either side for getting there & back. :blink:

Fancy it? or are you off to Croatia?

Paul

:angry: i'm off to Morzine on the 18th July, so may be ok.........team up with Martin <_<:o

Good Luck To all. It is a fantastic competition..

Thanks Filipe, see you at the start line

I have heard lots good things about the event and it seems to be very popular, registration opened just before Christmas and its now pretty much full....

as for plasticbadger you could always help attach the body work .. and gasket **cough** iam not sure you are in a position to say any thing :rolleyes:

Thanks Filipe, see you at the start line

I have heard lots good things about the event and it seems to be very popular, registration opened just before Christmas and its now pretty much full....

as for plasticbadger you could always help attach the body work .. and gasket **cough** iam not sure you are in a position to say any thing :rolleyes:

i you need some more informations, here you have a picture of Virgil, the director of TAT

Filipe Santos

post-2052-1232111075_thumb.jpg

Did look at the blog - not a lot there eighter, and I like to find info on the websites instead of having to send emails

personal preference

From the news that i have, it will be more or less like in 2008

http://transilvania-trophy.blogspot.com/se...;max-results=50

Here you have the rules from last year

And i yhink that they will only change some points. tha dates and the monney.

TATrules2008.pdf

I see the entry is full??? whats happening lads??? <_<

We have 3 team places reserved til the end of the month!! :rolleyes:

As it says on the blog the Extreme class & Hobby class should have 25 places each but due to the popularity of the Extreme class they are making more places available & less in the "hobby" class!

Paul

We have 3 team places reserved til the end of the month!! :rolleyes:

As it says on the blog the Extreme class & Hobby class should have 25 places each but due to the popularity of the Extreme class they are making more places available & less in the "hobby" class!

Paul

I'd better start working on Andy's spare's list then.......... anyone told him there's 3 day's of camping :lol:

Be good to see you there Filipe

But will you be happy with 8th place time ;):P:P

Filipe, how was the Gps, what mapping did you use???

Adrian,

nice, very nice humor...

We used no maps, they give as the Azimutes (you can use a compass as well), and the distance. for example: after putting the coordenates in the GPS it only indicate the diretion (left, rigth...) then in he roadbook there was the distance in straigth line.

So the Gps indicate left, then you go to the roadbook and find the distance (500meters) and you also have the figure of the place that you have to find after that 500 meters left. Dont forget that the distance is in straigth line, you will have to find our way to the next point, you choose the road, most of the times, there is no road, or you have to drive 100meter forward, so you can find a way trought. The most dificcult part, is were you have in the roadbook, 3 or 4 pages of azimutes, one after the other, and even most importante, in the middle of this there are the stamps to put in the roadbook, if you miss one 50 minutes penalization.

I am trying to put the film from ours inside camera in DVD, when this is readdy, i can send it to you (we can change this for one of Jim winches, no big deal....) He He He... :lol::lol:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=kidIMiLWuGQ

Filipe Santos

Thanks Filipe, if you could get a dvd done i'd love a copy....... is there a copy of last years comp out? i'd like to see a bit more of the comp, from all the youtube clip's this is going to be fun.

So with a new winch i'll give you 7th mate ;):P

Forgot to say not a bad wright up in TOR mate.