Oram Shock Absorbers

Roman

From memory of when I changed the seals on mine they were supposed to be 200PSI.

Will try and dig out the values I was given for pressure and oil quantity.

Though I used Argosheild not Nitrogen to fill :-)

Have you had any issues since using argoshield? I didn't think it was quite as "dry" as nitrogen?

nitrogen is best as the molecules are big so less likely to leak pass the seals. also I don't think it expands as quickly with heat.

the charge pressure is not as important as knowing the default the oil weight and amount. The gas charge is there to pressure the oil to help stop it foaming. to much pressure makes the shocks very firm.

I would start at a 100 - 150psi go for a drive and see how it feels..

Have you had any issues since using argoshield? I didn't think it was quite as "dry" as nitrogen?

No issues, had them with argoshield for over a year. My brother has used argoshield in other shocks for much longer with no problems.

While is is not as "dry" as nitrogen, the moisture content is very very low (I did look it up once).

The reason for using it was that we already had a cylinder.

Not sure that the statement Nitrogen molecules are bigger is true, Argo shield is mostly Argon (usually 93% for Argoshield lite) and Argon has a higher van der Waals radii which means it has bigger molecules (the 2% of Oxygen is slightly smaller and the 5% CO2 is much bigger)

I've tried to contact 3 or 4 companies but unfortunately they are not answering... :(

EDIT: just received answer from extreme4x4. They stoped selling them 18 moths ago and advised me LRS offroad. Unfortunately they are one of companies what i tried to contact without success.

just came back from friends workshop where we fill up those shocks to approx 150psi. They become very firm - will see how they will perform with this settings. I was not able to compress them with my weight up to internal bump stops. (just for note - they were pressurized to approx 60psi).

I've tried to contact 3 or 4 companies but unfortunately they are not answering... :(

EDIT: just received answer from extreme4x4. They stoped selling them 18 moths ago and advised me LRS offroad. Unfortunately they are one of companies what i tried to contact without success.

Persevere with LRS, Derrick is a good guy, if he can help he will