Brakehoses for Parabolic upgrades

seriebil.dk

Hi

I'm finally going to change the springs on my 88". Well, now the rear ones are in a flat line :blink: , so i guess its about time. I'm putting parabolics on and this will give me quite a lift i hope, but also more flex, meaning my brakehoses might be a bit short, and as they are getting old too, so i guess a change is in order.

The question is: how much longer than standard brakehoses, do i need ? i'm thinking both front and rear ?

Anyone ?

Anders

Hi

I'm finally going to change the springs on my 88". Well, now the rear ones are in a flat line :blink: , so i guess its about time. I'm putting parabolics on and this will give me quite a lift i hope, but also more flex, meaning my brakehoses might be a bit short, and as they are getting old too, so i guess a change is in order.

The question is: how much longer than standard brakehoses, do i need ? i'm thinking both front and rear ?

Anyone ?

Anders

About as long as a piece of string.

Just kidding...

It depends. If you put the parabolics on without new shocks, don't change the brake lines, because you'll need the money for new shocks when they either top out or finally annoy you to the point of changing them by being too soft. :P If you change the shocks but don't change the mounts, you won't get that much more travel anyway and still may be able to keep standard length brake lines. If you change the mounts, then you will need to measure the travel afforded by new shocks/mounts and springs to get an accurate length on the new brake lines.

The rule of thumb would be to use standard coil sprung Rover axle length lines. That will be safe until you start playing around with propshaft properties and dimensions and much more long travel shocks.

Thanks RPR

I'm changing the shocks to, for longer travel ones. i'm not going for any extrem setup, just a nice comfy ride and more ground clearance/travel than i have now, which would be minus 10 cm or so.

only problem when i'm done: i woun't be able to enter my garage anymore, :( good thing we will be moving this summer. :D

So normal coil sprung rover brakehoses length, will be ok.

Anders

Thanks RPR

I'm changing the shocks to, for longer travel ones. i'm not going for any extrem setup, just a nice comfy ride and more ground clearance/travel than i have now, which would be minus 10 cm or so.

only problem when i'm done: i woun't be able to enter my garage anymore, :( good thing we will be moving this summer. :D

So normal coil sprung rover brakehoses length, will be ok.

Anders

Yes. That length will be fine. Good luck with the move.

I fitted Rocky Mountain parabolics with ProComp shocks and just used standard series brake hoses. I've had no problems. My main problem was that the shocks ran out of travel before the axle hit the bump stops - not good but easily fixed.