ebay stars again

forkrentfitter

i bid and won a discovery v8 auto lpg on saturday,for the princely sum of £328.i emailed the chap straight after the auction,he eventually sent a reply this morning saying his computer had been corrupted and he had to withdraw the motor from sale as headgasket had gone,not a problem said i ,will still take the car,er no i won,t sell you it.got in touch with ebay,even though it is supposed to be a legally binding contract ebay will take no action against the seller.what a waste of time ebay is.

classic case of ebay not wanting to get involved.

sounds more like it didn't sell for what he wanted to me. you are correct though, it is a legally binding contract (allegedly) between buyer/seller, if it sells then you buy it - simple, so he should, without question complete the sale.

open a dispute with ebay against him - see what happens then.

similar thing happened when i was going to get my first disco, won the auction for about £250, got an email from the chap saying he had gone out in it "one last time" and stuffed the front end in.....needless to say i ended up not buying it, but only after agreeing with the seller that it was unfit for sale, and not what i wanted. he disappeared from ebay shortly after altogether.....

i bid and won a discovery v8 auto lpg on saturday,for the princely sum of £328.i emailed the chap straight after the auction,he eventually sent a reply this morning saying his computer had been corrupted and he had to withdraw the motor from sale as headgasket had gone,not a problem said i ,will still take the car,er no i won,t sell you it.got in touch with ebay,even though it is supposed to be a legally binding contract ebay will take no action against the seller.what a waste of time ebay is.

Or in other words, he didn't get enough for it and is trying to sell it again elsewhere, or someone made him an outside offer and sold it. Go the full dispute bit, and make his life difficult, just for fun :)

make shore you don't wipe it off your ebay watch list see if he trys putting it back on in 3 weeks

i was bidding on something about 4 weeks ago but ebay took that one off as he wasn't following there rules, not that there very good at following there own rules.

thay took some thing of mine off because i worded it wrong. thay didn't mind taking there cut even tho thay took it off

Dispute it with eBay, or if you've paid by PayPal use them (they were very helpful to me recently), you could also go small claims if you wanted to get really picky. Oh yes - print out or save the eBay listing page and all e-mails relating to it, send your e-mails via ebay so they can see them for the dispute and tick the box for "send a copy to my e-mail address" so you have a record in your inbox too of everything you've sent him and he's sent you.

we had a guy who "never recieved" 3 items we sent him-he left us terrible feed back, moaned like buggery and asked for his money back and ebay were less then helpful.

dispute it for all your worth-as said, just for the annoyance factor.

similar thing happened when i was going to get my first disco, won the auction for about £250, got an email from the chap saying he had gone out in it "one last time" and stuffed the front end in.....needless to say i ended up not buying it, but only after agreeing with the seller that it was unfit for sale, and not what i wanted. he disappeared from ebay shortly after altogether.....

Ebay are just after the money they don't give a ****. I don't have any problem with that, it's pain when you don't get listing fees back but I can live with that. makes me laugh when I see the 'i am a barister and will hound you to the ends of the earth if you don't pay' stuff... You can often/sometimes work out where people live and turn

up to collect your goods. I bought a stack of hard drives localy, the bid was 99p and the bloke then asked for £45 post, I went and knocked on his door and asked for my drives;-)

makes me laugh when I see the 'i am a barister and will hound you to the ends of the earth if you don't pay'

Yes, usually with poor spelling, poor grammar, poor diction, lack of capital letters and text speak, all of which would lead one to a different conclusion. :D

Chris