Torque setting for 200Tdi Crank Bolt

Hi all,

can somebody tell me the troque setting for the crank bolt please - 200Tdi, 30mm bolt?

I seem to remember reading something on hereto pull it up to about 60Nm (or was it 80?) and then 90' more - but can't find any threads relating to this.

Thanks chaps,

Dave.

Hi all,

can somebody tell me the troque setting for the crank bolt please - 200Tdi, 30mm bolt?

I seem to remember reading something on hereto pull it up to about 60Nm (or was it 80?) and then 90' more - but can't find any threads relating to this.

Thanks chaps,

Dave.

Its much tighter than that...

The workshop manual says 333-350nm which is about 245-258 lb/ft.

Its BLOOMIN tight - my torque wrench doesn't go anywhere near that and since it needed an extension bar and all my strength to undo it i did the same to do it back up after i'd made a tool to bolt to the pulley and lock it on the chassis.

it is 260 lb/ft locktite must be used as well and after a 100 miles or so recheck and re torque. you don't want it to come off. i've seen it happen the front cover is scrap and so is the engine if you are unlucky for it to snap the timing belt as the pully comes of with key in the crank snaped off. so if can't torque it do it f**king tight.

Thats the problem - my wrench will only measure up to 200NM!

I'm sure I read about part torque-ing and then adding another 90' -

perhaps I'll just leave it until I can source a bigger wrench <_< - Or I'll just pull it as tight as humanly possible. I used a 6 foot length of scaff to undo it on the end of my breaker bar :ph34r: , that should get some NM behind it

Cheers Dave.

Thats the problem - my wrench will only measure up to 200NM!

I'm sure I read about part torque-ing and then adding another 90' -

perhaps I'll just leave it until I can source a bigger wrench <_< - Or I'll just pull it as tight as humanly possible. I used a 6 foot length of scaff to undo it on the end of my breaker bar :ph34r: , that should get some NM behind it

Cheers Dave.

I found that torque wrenches that go that tight are really expensive - so i did what you said above on my 200tdi and put a long bar on the end of the wrench and did up really tight!

Suprisingly, when i undid the crank bolt on my old 19J which had been to a garage and had the timing belt done. It was not very tight at all to undo and there was no loctite on the bolt. Add in £400 to do the belt (which was the last straw in getting garages to work on this vehicle) and it was not a well done job!