35' wheels

The only issue that I have with oversize tyres is the need to use wheels with a bigger offset, or add spacers to the standard ones to maintain the turning circle, either way this has the effect of putting a fair bit of extra side force on the wheel bearings (even with normal driving) and shortening their life.

You also end up with the outer edge of the tyre showing beyond the wheel arch (potential MOT failure!) and the sides of your motor get extra muddy. (Good / bad? depends on your view!)

How do the Ocelandic guys manage with their 38's and what mods do they need to do. Way past this what's needed over here i guess but just curious.

Brett

As has been said, it's totally down to your right foot, you'll have to be a bit careful with 35's, and going any bigger would be a real strain on things.

How do the Ocelandic guys manage with their 38's and what mods do they need to do. Way past this what's needed over here i guess but just curious.

They either spend piles of cash on fancy axle bits, or they swap for beefier axles. Bear in mind they're only driving about on snow, so it's less stressful than tearing about in the mud / rocks / climbs.