bent shock mount

So another possiblity if the shock is not topping (bottoming) out is that the mount itself was hit in the impact and bent..?

Have you cycled the suspension with the springs out to check the shock is not going to bottom out?

So another possiblity if the shock is not topping (bottoming) out is that the mount itself was hit in the impact and bent..?

Have you cycled the suspension with the springs out to check the shock is not going to bottom out?

no i must admit i havnt, it could well have been something else that bent it. im changing the front springs this weekend so i will drop it all down on the stops. cheers for your help.

You need to drop one side to full droop whilst jacking up the other side until the axle is on the bumpstop whilst monitoring the shock to make sure it doesn't bottom out. You'll have to support the front of the truck on the chassis to enable you to do this.

Simply lowering the vehicle onto the bumpstops will not get the full up travel.

Hope this makes sense.... :blink: