Got snow yet?

T1G UP

Bluddy hell you're close to those power lines! the man from the ministry would not be impressed

really not quite as close as it looks in the pic ;)

them power lines are insulated upon our request (most 11KV lines are not)

and realisticly it is some times impossable to keep the RECOMMENDED 15 meteres away from power lines , especially when working road side on steet lighting or cctv systems and working on houses is near on impossable to stay 15 meteres from the incoming power lines

• 2 weeks later...

Clarkson on snow:-

"And then I was overtaken by a smug-looking businessman in a BMW X5. Because he had bought a large 4x4, he imagined that somehow he was immune to the laws of physics and that the tyres fitted to his car were made from some kind of snow-resistant Velcro. Imagine, then, my sense of joy when I rounded the corner outside Enstone to find him in a hedge.

A similar misfortune befell a friend of mine who had got it into his head that somehow a Volvo XC90 is not subject to vagaries in the road surface and drove down a road covered in sheet ice, into a tree. As I arrived on the scene, it was very hard to arrange my face into something that showed concern, not helpless mirth.

A four-wheel-drive car, provided it is fitted with off-road tyres, will get you out of a snowy driveway and, slowly, up a snowy hill. But momentum is more than a match for a centre differential. So at all other times it is just as likely to crash as your grandad’s Peugeot.

That said, because I live 850ft above sea level in a county whose officials believe grit and pebbles are what poor people put on their houses, I have driven my Range Rover for the past two weeks. This is because it’s the only car capable of getting out of my drive and into town.

Mind you, it’s not capable of getting much farther because some Midlands numpty put the windscreen-washer bottle right at the front of the car in the air flow. So, about a mile after you set off, it becomes an ice cube and my windscreen becomes as see-through as cardboard.

I have, though, enjoyed stopping and offering lifts to the sorts of local people who normally loathe 4x4s. And been very amused by one pinch-faced old rambler who declined. “No, thanks. I’m enjoying the exercise,” she said, as she fell flat on her face. "

full article in the times