Got snow yet?

T1G UP

am I alone in preferring to drive the 'road' car in the usual sort of icy/snow conditions that we usually get on main roads.

Land Rover is just too heavy in the ice and with a locked LT230 is pretty hard work - the racer with its Borg Warner is OK, but I only really want to drive that sideways like we did on the recent snowy Borders event!

H

Nope, you are bang on the money! In Canada they have a saying that the first sign of winter is a 4x4 in the ditch!!

The best vehicle for driving on snowy roads is a light weight 4x4 car, like a Subaru. (No, not the turbo nutter person I'm not that keen on version!) Failing that, a front wheel drive car.

So many people seem to forget that a 4x4 might be the first away from the lights, but 2+ tonnes of steel doesn't corner or stop particularly well!!

In my 5 years in Montreal the only "Moment" I had in snow was in my Range Rover!!!

Weve got about 4'' here in west yorkshire which by now should equate to a foot up at holme moss/yate holme and scamonden.

i was out untill 4:20 am playing, nearly stuffed the ibex, had a big tank slapper at 5mph and ended up in the middle of the road, then my mate did the same, very funny! then proceded to make a ice rink in a resovoir car park, and played landrover drifting fo about an hour or so. i now feel all dirty and chav like.

post-9417-1233580406_thumb.jpg

The best vehicle for driving on snowy roads is a light weight 4x4 car, like a Subaru. (No, not the turbo nutter person I'm not that keen on version!) Failing that, a front wheel drive car.

So many people seem to forget that a 4x4 might be the first away from the lights, but 2+ tonnes of steel doesn't corner or stop particularly well!!

Last night around midnight in Surrey an MX5 was the wrong choice. Accelerating at all, in any gear caused wheelspin and the car then went sideways. My trip home was exciting (and very, very slow) to say the least.

Chris

Odd

Here in Inverness, there isn't a drop of snow. And yet I clearly overheard one of the girls in the office - who I know lives locally - whisper to a friend that she had had a good 7 inches last night.

Can anyone explain this meterological anomally please ?

Freelanders are good in snow. working on the light 4x4 thing

several years ago last time we had some heavy snow I drove in my old Camal Freelander from Sothampton leaving at 5am up to south end on sea only to slide into the back of one of the company vans well gave it a little nudge in the site car park when I got there apart from that it was a grate drive

This is a back road of Crawley industrial estate half an hour ago.

post-7124-1233587156_thumb.jpg

Not that exiting really. The car park full on a normal day - extreme weather my a**e...

Took me five minutes longer to get to work, I was following a plod van that was doing 15mph most of the way, no other traffic about :angry:

I live at the top of one of the highest hills in Kent (I know, not that high..) Pulled off drive, and immediately had to pull two cars and a van up the hill just so I could get by (single lanes here). There were a few more cars looking at me hopefully, but I have a job to do too so left them to it, or I could have been there for hours!

Drove 190 miles to Luton and back, passing all the cars stuffed into the armco or up the banks, various vehicles abandoned in lay bys. Truck took me all the way there and back and I'm sure she was talking to me saying what fun she was having.

Top day at work. Smug mode all the way!

To read the media it sounds as if the whole island is sinking under the weight of the snow and everyone will need to be ferried off to France!

Glad to hear you guys are having a good time of it! Snow is afterall natures excuse to get sideways on the roadway.

To read the media it sounds as if the whole island is sinking under the weight of the snow and everyone will need to be ferried off to France!

Glad to hear you guys are having a good time of it! Snow is afterall natures excuse to get sideways on the roadway.

Your not wrong! 100" wheel base would be the premium length for drifting :lol: 93 a little snappy :( but hedges are soft and i do sport a roll cage or 3. Back out after din dins :D