Got snow yet?

T1G UP

Snows been and gone down in the South East, range rover was not MOT'ed at the time... so think I might have missed the boat on this one. Unless we've got some more due? Looks like the majority of you have had fun tho.. ha!

Well here's something you don't see every day...!!! :o

Was out clearing windblow and snow damaged trees today no fun walking down tracks where the snow is up to your thighs... 2ft average, no drifting as of yet and not a hope with any of the land rovers (without a back up vehicle)

post-13626-1234216862_thumb.jpg

post-13626-1234216809_thumb.jpg

OOPS, wonder what the driver said when it started to rollover

He walked away, bit of a strained shoulder and that was it. With it just being gravity holding the plough down he was lucky it never came further in to the cab. Another 150ft down the road and there's a 300ft+ drop for about 3/4 of a mile :unsure:

Tompy will be having a few days off work I think. :huh:

post-13626-1234218349_thumb.jpg

Couple more piccys for y'all... The beacons on my truck looked awesome in the dark with 1ft of snow on the roof and making the whole roof glow.. :rolleyes:

post-13626-1234217477_thumb.jpg

Just an aside - don't know if that's a public road you're on there, but never drive with snow on the roof like that - once the vehicle warms up inside you get a layer of water under it, and if you brake sharply it'll slide straight down over your windscreen :blink::ph34r: It can also blow off onto the windscreen of the vehicle behind if you're travelling at speed.

Never seen it this bad in London about 4" out there.

as i go back an too everyday there (about 500-550mile round trip) it was a total night mare gettin down was a mare around there spent all day digging van out an pulling and pushing others out the way.

luckally equipt with spade tow strap etc made life a little easier

but when the snow packs up underneith and your digging your self out all the time was a pain

damage to the sprinters

two wrote off vans

one lad ripped back corner out and light cluster smashed

mine dented both back corners oneside a tree one side a wall

travelling back an too the were cars lorries etc all over the motorways given up jack knifed etc

when speaking to the boss who said that if we didnt go he would find someone else do are job, very nice

saying that he sent two lads down south one devon one cornwall knowing full well of the issues with the roads down there

dave

Just an aside - don't know if that's a public road you're on there, but never drive with snow on the roof like that - once the vehicle warms up inside you get a layer of water under it, and if you brake sharply it'll slide straight down over your windscreen :blink::ph34r: It can also blow off onto the windscreen of the vehicle behind if you're travelling at speed.

Feel free to come up this way and stop every single motorist on the road and tell them that too. Vehicles behind, that'd be a fat chance in this neck of the woods lol. B)

• 10 months later...