Disco TD5 questions

muddy

Evening all, mateys recently acquired td5 auto has developed a loud screech when under hard acceleration, sounds almost like the aux belt slipping or possibly waterpump bearings as the fan cuts in putting extra load on them? It happens intermittently and only when you are a WOT or very near it.

I got him a new auxiliary belt to see if that caused it but upon initial inspection i cant see how you remove/refit, do they have an automatic tensioner like the 300's? All this plastic really gets in the way :lol:

Finally he wants some new tyres and i suggested the general AT2's, he has the 16" alloys like these:

RO32.jpg

Whats the max size you can fit without mods and maybe the max size with sensible mods?

Cheers, Will.

Evening all, mateys recently acquired td5 auto has developed a loud screech when under hard acceleration, sounds almost like the aux belt slipping or possibly waterpump bearings as the fan cuts in putting extra load on them? It happens intermittently and only when you are a WOT or very near it.

I got him a new auxiliary belt to see if that caused it but upon initial inspection i cant see how you remove/refit, do they have an automatic tensioner like the 300's? All this plastic really gets in the way :lol:

Finally he wants some new tyres and i suggested the general AT2's, he has the 16" alloys like these:

RO32.jpg

Whats the max size you can fit without mods and maybe the max size with sensible mods?

Cheers, Will.

Have a look at the exhaust manifold studs, they have been known to fail and cause screeching noises :rolleyes:

Well further (breif) investugation has found this which i'm guessing shouldnt be like that? definate evidence of soot deposits around it aswell.

Close ups are looking down between the hose and engine lifting bracket just on from where the EGR pipe exits.

08022009337.jpg

08022009335.jpg

08022009336.jpg

I guess that there should be a stud in there? :rolleyes:

Will.