OTish - MOT in southampton??

jason110

sorry this is sort of off topic, but its with regards to my 110.

well the MOT runs out at then end of the month so it needs a clean bill of health for another year!

can anyone recommend somewhere that is reliable and wont break/hurt my landy, and wont cost me the earth!

thanks in advance :rolleyes:

A mate in that area uses Atherley Garage in Atherley Road Shirley for his cars, which include 2 very non-standard Triumph Dolomites. The boss there, Dave Spiegel is very sensible when it comes to testing unusual vehicles and I would imagine that a 110, however modified it may be, would not faze him.

Check your docs though - my 110 has to be tested as Class 7 and the only place I could find was the Iveco-Ford place on Millbrook Road. I think it was actually 50p cheaper than a car MOT! The difference is down to the weight that their lift can cope with.

Check your docs though - my 110 has to be tested as Class 7 and the only place I could find was the Iveco-Ford place on Millbrook Road. I think it was actually 50p cheaper than a car MOT! The difference is down to the weight that their lift can cope with.

ive never had that problem before, but thanks for the heads up though.

The biggest diferance with the 110 was that unlike most cars they had to be MOT'ed every year from new and not after 3 years like cars. Although most private ones did not get MOT'ed unless their land rover dealer or local garage shocked them when the informed them their year old 110 needed an MOT :rolleyes:

But apart from that don't know of any differance for the MOT test, Although alot of things on Land rovers are differant from other normal cars , and can catch out alot of MOT stations

Although alot of things on Land rovers are differant from other normal cars , and can catch out alot of MOT stations

i agree, thats why i wanted a garage recommended by fellow enthusiasts, so that at least i can have some comfort that my landy wont get broken!

cheers again :)