P38 fault codes

Chewbacca

Just tried to reset the air suspension and it still wont work. I was using the lead and free software from ebay. I was able to get a list of faults from it here they are:

2 : FR signal incorrect

4 : RL signal incorrect

6 : RR signal incorrect

0 : Engine speed fault

4 : Air supply fault

5 : Air supply leak

6 : Target heights incorrect

7 : Vehicle has moved

0 : FL valve stuck open

0 : FL valve stuck closed

1 : FR valve stuck closed

2 : RL valve stuck closed

3 : RR valve stuck closed

5 : Exhaust valve stuck closed

Any help to get it working?

I think your software is at fault.The last time I saw this lot reported in one go,(Long time ago.) was on a scanner that was supposed to cover EAS on RR classics.It did,sort of,but not properly.And when you asked it to clear the faults it said it had but they were all still there.I hooked up Testbook to it and read out a single fault which was dealt with and cleared.

I have encountered similar fault logs, but only on cars that had an accident or where driven on the bumpstops or with EAS unplugged for some distance.

I'd recommend clearing the faults, driving the car and than checking again. Hopefully you'll be able to narrow it down to 1 single error that way.

hello mate ad the same problem on mine i found out that a valve was closed and that stopped it from pumping up,clear the eas fault as described then it should go up .when it does take the air filter off the compresser and spray a little wd40 into comp,let it run for about 5 mins then put filter back on .that will rectify sticking valve,its the same problem i had with mine you can ring me if you want 07886904887

DO NOT spray anything into the EAS system - it is designed to run on dry air,nothing else.Sort out whatever the problem is by the proper means and it will work.Can you confirm please that the software you are using fails to clear the codes it shows ?

hello mate ad the same problem on mine i found out that a valve was closed and that stopped it from pumping up,clear the eas fault as described then it should go up .when it does take the air filter off the compresser and spray a little wd40 into comp,let it run for about 5 mins then put filter back on .that will rectify sticking valve,its the same problem i had with mine why i said spray into the compresser i was told by a 4x4 centre that it would rectify the problem i had.i dont want to misslead you

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!!!

Have a RRp38 DSE and have problems with the airsuspension.

First it gave a fault problem (light on the dash board thas indicates car raised up...and christmas tree in side dash board).....but after that when in to hard fault mode. First I didnt know much about the air suspension and statted studying it.......what I did.....Changed both front airspring (because at the begining the car droped from the front),installed a complete rubber kit O ring for the airvalves inside the EAS box (inside the bonnet),made myself a independant air inline suply for heach airspring, new rubber o-ring for top airsprings.....after all this...the system can be pumped up manualy al a petrol stattion..and.....doesnt loose air........But now I have the problem of resetinf the ECU of thye air system; Have bought the cable and software from ebay........tired to comunicate with ECU but doesnt......¿Bad configudation off computer?.....Dont know...

Somebody has something to try???

Adal