white/grey smoke

Hi , i have a 200tdi engined 110 that has just started smoking bad when you give it some throttle , coolant is ok no drop in level and the oil is low but not any more that normal thought it might be the turbo as there is some oil on the turbo but still have pressure and there no drop in power . any ideas of what it could be down to ?

Thanks in advance Iain

Don't buy morrisons diesel. Round here it killed my friends 2008 mondeo (ford say the fuel trashed the injectors), my boss' van (AA had to recover and the fuel system had to be drained and flushed), and my 200tdi would barely run and smoked. All last week.

I went to a different garage and filled up and after a couple of days of driving its back to its normal, more powerful, self.

Just a thought that there seems to be some really shi**y fuel out there at the moment.

Thanks for the replys guys , the air filter is a foam k&n type wich i keep meaning to change to the proper one , as for the colour i couldnt realy tell as it was getting dark ( it was the police that told me they were behind when it happend ) fuel wise most always use shell as its next to my house .had the timing belt done just before xmas do you think it could have sliped ?

thanks Iain

Thanks for the replys guys , the air filter is a foam k&n type wich i keep meaning to change to the proper one , as for the colour i couldnt realy tell as it was getting dark ( it was the police that told me they were behind when it happend ) fuel wise most always use shell as its next to my house .had the timing belt done just before xmas do you think it could have sliped ?

thanks Iain

Isn't the belt supposed to be retightened after 500 miles or so anyway?

still havent been able to check it yet asked a friend to smell it when i give it a rev and he say it smelt like diesel ( but he not to good with things like that ) hoping to get it in the garage at work this week . just a thought but the engine is a bit noisier think the rockers need adjusted could this cause the smoke /

Thanks Iain

I was getting the grey/white smoke and had a knocking noise which I could hear more from the exhaust end, I took the head off and had it checked one of the exhaust valves had chipped off but from underneath so not noticable from the top.

All sorted now.

Hi guys spent the weekend checking timming (ok), tappets (ok) changed the fuel filter (very dirty with small red bits in it) changed the air filter back to a proper one took it for a spin and all seemed great only a small amount of smoke so decided to take the dog up the hills and then it was back to the same lots of smoke and i can heer the turbo whine had a look and there is oil in the intercooler and all down the down pipe looks like the turbo has gone so the question is now wheres the best place to get a turbo ?

Cheers Iain