For western's amusement...

daveturnbull

I know that this may come as a surprise to one and all, but Dolphin Recovery were with us yesterday (Saterday) on the Wyedean Rally and didn't mention this little mishap !!!!

Shame I hadn't seen this picture before - It could have been fun !!!!

Peter.

:hysterical: see even recovery vehicles get stuck occasionally :rofl: Cheers Dave, I'll remind Gavin next time I see him :i-m_so_happy:

surprised he didn't do some digging around the tyres to get himself out.

No, he just sheepishly radio-ed for a tow. Even funnier was that within 20 yards of being freed he'd managed to beach himself in another hole. Sadly I didn't get any pics of that one.

I know that this may come as a surprise to one and all, but Dolphin Recovery were with us yesterday (Saterday) on the Wyedean Rally and didn't mention this little mishap !!!!

Shame I hadn't seen this picture before - It could have been fun !!!!

Peter.

I didn't get a invite :( to do recovery duty on that event, I'm just about as far from the Forest Of Dean as Gav is, :unsure:

I didn't get a invite :( to do recovery duty on that event, I'm just about as far from the Forest Of Dean as Gav is, :unsure:

There seemed to be enough Recovery Crews available, could have done with more Radio Cars and Timing Crews. Weather was not too good but anybody that had to travel any distance to the event seemed to make it, unlike some of the locals who "could not possibly get to their posts in those conditions" !!!

Might get to meet you at the Dawn Till Dusk Enduro at Bodmin ?

Peter.

There seemed to be enough Recovery Crews available, could have done with more Radio Cars and Timing Crews. Weather was not too good but anybody that had to travel any distance to the event seemed to make it, unlike some of the locals who "could not possibly get to their posts in those conditions" !!!

Might get to meet you at the Dawn Till Dusk Enduro at Bodmin ?

Peter.

I was supposed to be on Radio on SS1 - Sallow Vallets.

I couldn't make it because of the state of the roads from mine, even though as a local i'm only and hour and a half away, because my Disco hasn't got an MOT and i was having to use the Mondeo. Then again, i made it last year in the snow and helped set up the stage because so many people didn't turn up. This year was the first Wyedean i haven't worked on in 13 years.

Some of us locals did have a decent reason for not making it.

I was supposed to be on Radio on SS1 - Sallow Vallets.

I couldn't make it because of the state of the roads from mine, even though as a local i'm only and hour and a half away, because my Disco hasn't got an MOT and i was having to use the Mondeo. Then again, i made it last year in the snow and helped set up the stage because so many people didn't turn up. This year was the first Wyedean i haven't worked on in 13 years.

Some of us locals did have a decent reason for not making it.

Nothing personal, half written with tongue in cheek, half with some experiences over the years.

Peter.