nice lr's on the bay

T1G UP

That Td5 auto Ninety appears to have a number of Td5 parts on it - headlight surrounds, bumper, aircon dashboard, aircon grille, rear crossmember etc - I'd be nervous about buying a 'G-reg' car with that many parts from a later vehicle, or at least scrutinise the number stamped into the chassis first...

That Td5 auto Ninety appears to have a number of Td5 parts on it - headlight surrounds, bumper, aircon dashboard, aircon grille, rear crossmember etc - I'd be nervous about buying a 'G-reg' car with that many parts from a later vehicle, or at least scrutinise the number stamped into the chassis first...

the description says its from maddison 4x4. i believe this was there demo for the compu shift. till 9.5K for a G reg 90 is steep!

I seem to recall a video in the video shack showing that 110 having the **** thrashed out of it, smoking like hell, overheating and clacking like a bitch, i dont think i'd touch it with a plauge infected bargepole.

The tyres on that 90 look rather large for 265/75s, looks smart though.

In the interest of balance, I did state that the portal had problems with the diff lock (ie, there wasn't one) on that day. It was fixed soon after.

Also, that hole was well slippy on that day, worst I've ever seen it. No traction to be had. Pure luck the Jeep made it out.

Having seen the portal in action since, I'd say it's a pretty capable machine. Don't judge it on the video alone ;)

There's another clip of it here, incidentally:

It was the PortalRover landy, used to belong to hbpfly.

edit: I'd rather have the 90 out of the two above, it's well nice :)

All tyres were aired down to <10psi (I know as i loaned the owner my pre-set stauns). The Pitbulls aren't the best in the mud, boggers would be a lot better but in fairness it wasn't built as a full on winch challenge comp truck but as something for estate owners, and the like to get up on the hill.

It wasn't making full power as something was wrong with the turbo actuator and the exhaust manifold was blowing. It might have stood a chance in high box then. All sorted now from what i hear.

In the interest of balance, I did state that the portal had problems with the diff lock (ie, there wasn't one) on that day. It was fixed soon after.

Also, that hole was well slippy on that day, worst I've ever seen it. No traction to be had. Pure luck the Jeep made it out.

Having seen the portal in action since, I'd say it's a pretty capable machine. Don't judge it on the video alone ;)

There's another clip of it here, incidentally:

It was the PortalRover landy, used to belong to hbpfly.

edit: I'd rather have the 90 out of the two above, it's well nice :)

don't make excuses for him ;)

All three wheels that you can see in the video are spinning together so no problems with the diff locks there!

Just a sick engine and carp tyres :P

And I would say the Jeep was well driven and not "only" lucky!

Lara

don't make excuses for him ;)

All three wheels that you can see in the video are spinning together so no problems with the diff locks there!

Just a sick engine and carp tyres :P

And I would say the Jeep was well driven and not "only" lucky!

Lara

Should have been clearer. No rear axle diff lock. So yes, three wheels spinning. Just trying to balance it out a bit, personally I was a bit disappointed in the performance on the day too. Fair point on the "jeep/lucky" comment, that was a bit unkind of me.

Should have been clearer. No rear axle diff lock. So yes, three wheels spinning. Just trying to balance it out a bit, personally I was a bit disappointed in the performance on the day too. Fair point on the "jeep/lucky" comment, that was a bit unkind of me.

The comments raised are valid. There is a £15,000+ 110 for sale with a blowing manifold, inoprative diff lock and poor traction. Is that a good advert...no would you buy that 110 for £15,000.......