Tailgate lock assembly

FOS1

Hi everyone. I am having a few problems with the tailgate lock assembly on my disco 200. I can only open the back door from the inside. I have put a new assembly. There in nothing wrong with the lock, its all the rods and 't' bars. I have put it all togather then i noticed i had left one of the gold coloured 't' bars out. That may explane why i still can not open it from the outside. Has any one got any pictures or photos of how it all goes togather? Ive spent 4 hours on it today and can i get it to work correctley? no! I need a picture so i can get it back togather right. Any help. You can email me if you have a picture: fos1@hotmail.co.uk Thanks - PAUL :(

Hi everyone. I am having a few problems with the tailgate lock assembly on my disco 200. I can only open the back door from the inside. I have put a new assembly. There in nothing wrong with the lock, its all the rods and 't' bars. I have put it all togather then i noticed i had left one of the gold coloured 't' bars out. That may explane why i still can not open it from the outside. Has any one got any pictures or photos of how it all goes togather? Ive spent 4 hours on it today and can i get it to work correctley? no! I need a picture so i can get it back togather right. Any help. You can email me if you have a picture: fos1@hotmail.co.uk Thanks - PAUL :(

Hi Paul,

i have a 300 tdi - last year i tackled the same job.

i took photos before i started - please see attached.

i also got a set of pictures from the RAVE manual.

if you dont have the rave manual let me know i will try to sort it.

by the way i ended up having to change the cylinder and the remote motor - a complete bas"£$d.

good luck.

Big John.

post-11040-1234119702_thumb.jpg

Hi Paul,

i have a 300 tdi - last year i tackled the same job.

i took photos before i started - please see attached.

i also got a set of pictures from the RAVE manual.

if you dont have the rave manual let me know i will try to sort it.

by the way i ended up having to change the cylinder and the remote motor - a complete bas"£$d.

good luck.

Big John.

post-11040-1234119881_thumb.jpg

Hi John.....all togather i must have spent about 5 hours on this bloody thing today. Your right it is a bas***d of a job. I've got the bit that you can see ok, but its the bit you can not see, the bit behind the assembly, thats been the "little monkey". (i could have used a better word than that lol) I thought about taking a photo but i really did not think i would need it......how wrong i was! Apart from needing 3 hands and been able to bend all your fingers in every direction i just can not do it with out a pic. I was looking at the RAVE cd on ebay tonight....its only £3.75 but my pay pall thing dont work. I think the wife has put a stop to it.....carnt think why????( :huh: who ....me love..........no carnt be me darling. Must be one of the kids ;) ) Any help john.....would be a big help - thanks mate :rolleyes:

Hi John.....all togather i must have spent about 5 hours on this bloody thing today. Your right it is a bas***d of a job. I've got the bit that you can see ok, but its the bit you can not see, the bit behind the assembly, thats been the "little monkey". (i could have used a better word than that lol) I thought about taking a photo but i really did not think i would need it......how wrong i was! Apart from needing 3 hands and been able to bend all your fingers in every direction i just can not do it with out a pic. I was looking at the RAVE cd on ebay tonight....its only £3.75 but my pay pall thing dont work. I think the wife has put a stop to it.....carnt think why????( :huh: who ....me love..........no carnt be me darling. Must be one of the kids ;) ) Any help john.....would be a big help - thanks mate :rolleyes:

Paul,

i have emailed you.

cheers

BJ