Bucket seats in a defender

All you should need to get around the battery issue is a cut off switch and something like X-Eng's X-Jump. But to be honest £109 is a bit OTT when all you need is some jump leads and a couple of Anderson plugs to make your own.

Probably cost you about £25

Ade

You can do that but it raises the question

"How do i get to my battery?"

What seats have you bought?

You could always relocate your battery to another place?

I have some cobra monico s bucket seats. someone said they took the runners off ther old seat and screwed them into the bottom of the bucket seats.

As the seat frame of a defender seat has back frame, bottom frame and a slide in part on the seat that can be removed.

Could i remove the back rest frame and and screw the part that is attatched to the removable seat into the bucket seat? that way the seat could come off? or would i be better buying the side mountings, or making some side mounting very similar to the suplliers? Cheers

You normally use the fixing kit supplied from the manufacturer which uses the same holes in the floor.

Or you can fabricate your own. If you find an old Peugeot 205 they have tipping seat bases which might help with access to the battery but they will need modding also.

ithink these are the usual way for mounting cobra seats http://www.johncraddock-trim.co.uk/cobra-s...ame-1098-0.html HTH

Oh great i found some cobra side mountings for £50 each on ebay instead of £80 from cobra, but would need 2 pair so like £100. but they are just wot i was looking for, thanks alot. the seats i have are second hand so have vw sliding runners on. but cobra says they are a universal fit. wen i get round to it i wil have a look. if not then the ones you showed me are awesome. B) :D

Exmoor Trim do a mounting bracket for Cobra seats. Bolt the seat onto the frame and bolt the frame to the Def. seat box using the standard mounting points. IIRC they were £16 each when I got a pair, so £32 for the pair and simple to fit.

If you want to be posh, you can buy the runners and bolt them to the base of the seat, then bolt the frame to the runners. This is the set up I had, but found that my head rubbed on the headlining in my truck cab...

Bracket can be seen HERE

Runners HERE and you might get away with just one for the drivers seat. Certainly a lot cheaper than what was being talked about above...

To be honest, I think the best way of fitting bucket/sports seats to a Defender and retaining access to the battery box is with a pair of THESE ... I'm not entierly sure how comfortable they are, but they look like they might be quite useable.

Edited to add:

You may find it very useful to have runners on both seats as it makes getting them out a lot easier!! When mine were in, I was down to under two minutes to get the passenger seat out with a battery rattle gun, a 13mm socket and a short extension... Not too much of a problem!!

Exmoor Trim do a mounting bracket for Cobra seats. Bolt the seat onto the frame and bolt the frame to the Def. seat box using the standard mounting points. IIRC they were £16 each when I got a pair, so £32 for the pair and simple to fit.

If you want to be posh, you can buy the runners and bolt them to the base of the seat, then bolt the frame to the runners. This is the set up I had, but found that my head rubbed on the headlining in my truck cab...

Bracket can be seen HERE

Runners HERE and you might get away with just one for the drivers seat. Certainly a lot cheaper than what was being talked about above...

To be honest, I think the best way of fitting bucket/sports seats to a Defender and retaining access to the battery box is with a pair of THESE ... I'm not entierly sure how comfortable they are, but they look like they might be quite useable.

Edited to add:

You may find it very useful to have runners on both seats as it makes getting them out a lot easier!! When mine were in, I was down to under two minutes to get the passenger seat out with a battery rattle gun, a 13mm socket and a short extension... Not too much of a problem!!

Again great thanks alot. the mounted frame is the same as above for £20 and the runners arnt bad for like £23. if you head was near the roof im 6ft3 so might go for the bracket. i wasnt too concernd about the battery access as i could just undo the bolts of the seat to ge to the battery. i was just tryin to find a cheaper alternative to brackets. and thanks again this forum has helped so much and i have access to another landrover web site :lol: Top stuff, wen i fit them i will post pics to show how i did it and which brackets i used to fit them with. ;)

Bracket can be seen HERE

Edited to add:

Hi, i just re read this, if i bought the bracket do i have to buy the runners aswell, or will the seat just fit to the bracket? also i couldnt find the brackets by exmoor

Exmoor Trim don't sell to the public any more... You might have to ring one of their outlets (like Paddocks). Just go to their website and there is a list of outlets around the country. Bera in mind that the prices will vary, so ring a couple...

The bracket will fit straight on to the bottom of the seat using the 4 mounting points that are standard on all cobra seats, so no problems there.

And, finally, I'm 6'3" too, so you may struggle. I had the same seats/runners/mounts fitted in a hard top 90 prior to buying my truck cab and they were fine because the seat could recline a bit further. It's the top part of the truck cab that causes the problem.

Exmoor Trim don't sell to the public any more... You might have to ring one of their outlets (like Paddocks). Just go to their website and there is a list of outlets around the country. Bera in mind that the prices will vary, so ring a couple...

The bracket will fit straight on to the bottom of the seat using the 4 mounting points that are standard on all cobra seats, so no problems there.

And, finally, I'm 6'3" too, so you may struggle. I had the same seats/runners/mounts fitted in a hard top 90 prior to buying my truck cab and they were fine because the seat could recline a bit further. It's the top part of the truck cab that causes the problem.

They don`t sell to public I`m sure his sister Deb runs Trekkers, which is now situated in Redditch. Very good service nice and helpfull.

Tim

you tries getting in and out of a lifted 90 with buckets :lol:

my mate 6 4" and he took them out ASAP! try before you commit.

lol good job i didnt get mine lifted. im changing the sdteering wheel to a smaller one as my knees knock it haha. il get it how i want it soon hopefully. its a great toy :lol: