255 65 16 on a 300tdi

maxtherotti

hi all i have got my self a 98 300 tdi manual

its a great drive and all that but after my rangie it looks like its got mini wheels on it :o

but swmbo says no lift or big tyres on this :(

so im thinking of putting 255 65 16 tyres on it to try and fill the arches a touch more and as they are only 3mm taller she wont notice (lol yeah right) but will give it a wider footprint to look a bit chunkyer if you get what i mean

but want to know if anyone else has put these on and do they rub any where??

rob

245/70x16s will go on no probs, fill out the arches nicely & are about the biggest that don't need any trimming.

Steve

I've had 255/70/16 tyres on my 300 for years with no problems. Only adjustment needed was a minor touch to the steering lock stop bolts. Alloy wheels.

i have that size on the rangie but cant go that big with this

rob

I have a 98 300tdi disco and its running on 265/75/16 bfg ats, had to cut the rear of the arch away but dont get any rub anyware else, fill the arch up nicely, had to take the front valance off as they would catch that but other than that iv got no rubbing

hi all i have got my self a 98 300 tdi manual

its a great drive and all that but after my rangie it looks like its got mini wheels on it :o

but swmbo says no lift or big tyres on this :(

so im thinking of putting 255 65 16 tyres on it to try and fill the arches a touch more and as they are only 3mm taller she wont notice (lol yeah right) but will give it a wider footprint to look a bit chunkyer if you get what i mean

but want to know if anyone else has put these on and do they rub any where??

rob

255/65/16 no probs on your 300 tdi as the the overal height is only 29.05 inches which is about what the arches will take, and the 255 width, is standard on the disco 2.