need some tyres

DefcoL

Have been using Simex centipede and scorpion muds and will need to replace them, but money being as it is

I wondered what would be the best replacements .

Have been told that there are some really good remoulds out there now that don't delaminate thereby being safe.

Insa are restricted on size 31'' max?

Fedima I am told have the size range and are much better on the wear and tear side as they have harder compound,thicker walls and side luggs

Although hard to get hold of but are better value than Simex. is this true?

Are there any others I should consider?

has any body got experience of Fedima's? if so what are the pro's and con's?

TIA

Loz

Have been told that there are some really good remoulds out there now that don't delaminate thereby being safe.

If I recall correctly, they're govened by similar rules to new rubber so tyre failures are a big no no for manufacturers of remoulds these days.

I ripped a hole in the side wall of an expensive mud tyre since then I have used remould as the financial pain in replacing is no where near as bad.

Never had a problem with remould off road.

I do have two sets of wheel for when I’m doing a lot of road work so not to wear out the mud’s to fast though.

Remould muds don’t seem to last all that long when used on tarmac for to long. A trip to the south of France had noticeable ware on them

havnt got any experiance with the tyres above but insa turbo have now got the simex copy in 285/75R16 which i beleive is 33" in height.

If it is 33'' then might be worth a look. How much are they?

If I recall correctly, they're govened by similar rules to new rubber so tyre failures are a big no no for manufacturers of remoulds these days.

Safty first sounds good to me but have heard of the grizzly luggs delaminating....

I know someone who has a set of 750/16s Fedimas and they were 33" tall. But worked well.Paul

I seem to remember that Nick(Rouge V) had Fedimas on his truck and said they were really good and slightly taller than size mark.

but can not remember the size he had.

I ripped a hole in the side wall of an expensive mud tyre since then I have used remould as the financial pain in replacing is no where near as bad.

Never had a problem with remould off road.

Heard that Fedimas have better side wall protection so if true that will help, as with simex at 200 a pop I need a better value Tyre but with the same grip

Remould muds don’t seem to last all that long when used on tarmac for to long. A trip to the south of France had noticeable ware on them

I don't know the chemistry of compounds but if it is a harder compound should it not last longer on tarmac or do the remoulds not wear so well?

Lawrence

Also worth a look are the Silverstone Xtreme... 33" or 35" varieties available:

Ebay clicky link

About the same price as the Fedimas IIRC...

they are £172.68 each delivered tread Looks good but have been told today that they dont last long due to soft compound and week side walls.

i heard the Silverstone Xtreme 35s only measure 33" is this true it really annoys me why cant they just tell you the true size rather them make it up as they seam to do :angry:

agree, if they aren't at least as per size and in fact are two inches smaller then its just a con

its looking like the only one worth my money is the Fedima at least that's what the info is pointing towards have been quoted £156+7 delivery + vat

a little more but with the larger OD sound like dam good value