200tdi fuel filter and fuel line locations?

I have just fitted a defender 200tdi into my old 86 TD, i have got hold of a used 200tdi fuel filter housing but not sure where the lines go?

I know where the feed in and out of the filter fit but where do the other lines go like the overflow/return to tank? it appears to be quite a different setup to the TD filter?

any help appreciated

colin

I have just fitted a defender 200tdi into my old 86 TD, i hva egot hold of a used 200tdi fuel filter housing but not sure where the lines go?

I know where the feed in and out of the filter fit but where do the other lines go like the overflow/return to tank? it appears to be quite a different setup to the TD filter?

any help appreciated

colin

The 200 feul filter is just a in out affair wheres the NA(and Td i think) had three pipes.

The feul goes into the lift pump(from tank) through the filter and into the injection pump. The overflow goes back into the tank.

It seems complicated wehn comparing to the Td, but the 200tdi is quite a simple setup really.

Hope this helps.

The 200 feul filter is just a in out affair wheres the NA(and Td i think) had three pipes.

The feul goes into the lift pump(from tank) through the filter and into the injection pump. The overflow goes back into the tank.

It seems complicated wehn comparing to the Td, but the 200tdi is quite a simple setup really.

Hope this helps.

The overflow line runs back to the pump from the front injector doesn't it?

Land Rover used to offer this as a conversion when the 200 Tdi first came out.

I did the same thing with my '89 110 about 5 - 6 years ago. Have a look HERE - full set of fitting instructions and parts.

:D

Matt

All that PDF file is mine, :D what you need is this drawing I did for another member on here with the same problem. taken from my own 200Tdi converted 110.

the spill return line connects to the upper rear face of the injection pump.

post-20-1234294093_thumb.jpg

post-20-1234294443_thumb.jpg

All that PDF file is mine, :D what you need is this drawing I did for another member on here with the same problem. taken from my own 200Tdi converted 110.

the spill return line connects to the upper rear face of the injection pump.

thanks for the help guys. ON your picture of the setup what is the outlet for behind where you have written Boost pipe? I have a bare metal pipe sticking out, is that teh return to tank?

colin

the 2 metal pipes under 'boost pipe' on the photo are the brake pipes from the master cylinder. the pipe with the connector in line [this one in orange on photo below] is the spill return from the injection pump to fuel tank.

have a read of the bit titled fuel tank here in the pdf link above it says how to join that connector to the return pipe. refer to the engine fitting booklet. just click the photo's in the link above for a larger view.

the spill return comes from the forward connection on number 1 injector to the injection pump body where I've written on the photo.

post-20-1234305811_thumb.jpg