transfer box oil seal

I've just started to change the rear bearing on my transfer box as oil was spraying out of the hand brake. It felt like there was a bit of play in the drum when the prop shaft was off so guessed it was duff bearing. However went to undo the extremely tight 30mm nut and it was only hand tight. Now thinking nothing wrong with bearing or seal just loose nut. should i just put back together and see what happens or carry on.The felt seal has fallen apart so will replace this but everything else seems fine. :huh:

Decided that as there was no movement in the bearing and i only had a britpart bearing as a replacement i would leave well alone. Changed the output seal and a new felt washer, didn't need to replace brake shoes as no oil entered the drum(more spares to clutter the garage). Been out for a drive and no more oil spray so touch wood all is well. :rolleyes: