X9 winch advice requested

Hi Guys I have a X9 on the front of my 110 which gets only gets used once in a while, yesterday was one of those occasions. I plugged the lead in and the solenoid box made some encouaraging clicks but no motor movement at all. I think I saw a small puff of smoke from somewhere behind motor so I stopped trying. The hook is tight against the recovery eye in storage position making it impossible to free the clutch and manauly spool out. Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved.

regards

Mark

If that was the last time it was used, you probably have rusted and seized parts in your motor. Check all of your earth connections first and if ok strip your motor a give it a good overhaul. While you are there it would be good to service the winch too.

Before you mount it back on check that solenoids are working ok with a multimeter. If ok check motor operation. If no good , replace motor or get it repaired.

Hope this helps

Steve

If that was the last time it was used, you probably have rusted and seized parts in your motor. Check all of your earth connections first and if ok strip your motor a give it a good overhaul. While you are there it would be good to service the winch too.

Before you mount it back on check that solenoids are working ok with a multimeter. If ok check motor operation. If no good , replace motor or get it repaired.

Hope this helps

Steve

Thanks Steve

I did get it moving with lots of lube, enough to release the cable and release clutch so I could get the drum clear. The motor turned in a very lethargic manner with no real power and then it stopped again. I suspect you are right and it will have rust and crud inside which needs a proper servive so I will strip it tommorrow.

Thanks for advice.

Regards

Mark