Trip in Poland, what do you think about it?

kosa

Hello All,

I am new to the forum and would like to introduce myself.

My friend Maciek and I would like to ask you few questions about a trip we are organizing. Just to explain, we are Poles and we live in Poland – we know the territory inside out.

We are planning to organize a 7 day trip along the eastern border of Poland, which simultaneously is the eastern boarder of the European Union.

The route which we will lead, would be following a roadbook we have prepared.

We are planning to cover around 1000 km during the week, mainly through field and forest tracks.

On the way we plan to visit architectural and historical monuments and relics (Orthodox Churches, Muslim cemeteries, synagogues, mosques, palaces and courts), as well as nature reserves (forests with European bisons, overflow areas of rivers full of birds, mountains with bears).

We would sleep in tents, next to the bonfire, self catering where possible and sampling the local culture and cusine when available.

At the end of our trip we plan decent accommodation in rooms with showers with warm water. What is more, we would have 1000 hectare of mountain land to use where we can explore all off-road opportunities and challenges for our cars.

Do you think any of you would be interested in joining a trip like this and if so what would you want to get from it.

What do you think about this kind of trip, is this idea good? Would you take part in such a trip?

We are thinking of offering this type of trip on a commercial basis in the future and wish to know what level of interest there might be.

Greetings from two happy owners of Land Rovers.

Krzysiek & Maciek

Hello All,

I am new to the forum and would like to introduce myself.

My friend Maciek and I would like to ask you few questions about a trip we are organizing. Just to explain, we are Poles and we live in Poland – we know the territory inside out.

We are planning to organize a 7 day trip along the eastern border of Poland, which simultaneously is the eastern boarder of the European Union.

The route which we will lead, would be following a roadbook we have prepared.

We are planning to cover around 1000 km during the week, mainly through field and forest tracks.

On the way we plan to visit architectural and historical monuments and relics (Orthodox Churches, Muslim cemeteries, synagogues, mosques, palaces and courts), as well as nature reserves (forests with European bisons, overflow areas of rivers full of birds, mountains with bears).

We would sleep in tents, next to the bonfire, self catering where possible and sampling the local culture and cusine when available.

At the end of our trip we plan decent accommodation in rooms with showers with warm water. What is more, we would have 1000 hectare of mountain land to use where we can explore all off-road opportunities and challenges for our cars.

Do you think any of you would be interested in joining a trip like this and if so what would you want to get from it.

What do you think about this kind of trip, is this idea good? Would you take part in such a trip?

We are thinking of offering this type of trip on a commercial basis in the future and wish to know what level of interest there might be.

Greetings from two happy owners of Land Rovers.

Krzysiek & Maciek

Hey guys

It sounds like just the sort of trip I would like to do but I prefer not to pay for trips and to go un-supported - though having a roadbook is great! I have so far been to the Pyrenees and Portugal on similar trips with friends and plan to go to Morocco this year and looking to the future the Alps and Poland have been discussed.

The best of luck to you.

Chris

Hey guys

It sounds like just the sort of trip I would like to do but I prefer not to pay for trips and to go un-supported - though having a roadbook is great! I have so far been to the Pyrenees and Portugal on similar trips with friends and plan to go to Morocco this year and looking to the future the Alps and Poland have been discussed.

The best of luck to you.

Chris

Thanx :)

If You need any info about Poland just write questions to me by PM or public, I'll answer and help best I can. :)

Look at the our Web Site. You can find there some usefull informations about Poland, safety, prices etc

Krzysiek (Chris)

Hi

This trip sounds amazing and I would like to do something like this but obviously would depend on the cost of things. Having never been to polland I would love to go, but how much do things cost over there food, diesel etc.

What are the sort of forest tracks you are thinking of doing? e.g. damaging/non damaging lots of winching etc.

Also what sort of dates are you thinking?

Thanks

Jon

Hi

This trip sounds amazing and I would like to do something like this but obviously would depend on the cost of things. Having never been to polland I would love to go, but how much do things cost over there food, diesel etc.

What are the sort of forest tracks you are thinking of doing? e.g. damaging/non damaging lots of winching etc.

Also what sort of dates are you thinking?

Thanks

Jon

Hello,

Roads may be damaging in some parts (specially after the rain), but You always can go back and bypass troubles by another way to next point in roadbook.

We drove it all by Discovery +2" with winch (used 2 times) and MT tires. Hardcore offroad, if You like it, we left for last day in mountains, becouse we have there about 1000 ha for off road games :)

Some prices:

diesel (in Poland we call it ON) : 0,76 £

a loaf of bread : 0,57 £

cigarettes (marlboro) : 1,6 £

bottle of water 1.5l : 0,47 £

cofee (at filling station) : 0,75 £

cofee at restaurant : 2,1 £

First trip planned for the beginning of May 09. Please view our link below if you want more information.

regards

Krzysiek

diesel (in Poland we call it ON) : 0,76 £

a loaf of bread : 0,57 £

cigarettes (marlboro) : 1,6 £

bottle of water 1.5l : 0,47 £

cofee (at filling station) : 0,75 £

cofee at restaurant : 2,1 £

Have you ever been to the UK and seem prices?

diesel (in Poland we call it ON) : 0,76 £ UK£0.99

a loaf of bread : 0,57 £ UK£0.75

cigarettes (marlboro) : 1,6 £ UK£5.00 (I stopped some time ago but I think that is right!)

bottle of water 1.5l : 0,47 £ UK£1.00

cofee (at filling station) : 0,75 £ UK£1.75

cofee at restaurant : 2,1 £ UK£2.75

Poland sounds the ideal holiday destination! :)

Chris

Have travelled through Poland a couple of times Stayed here for the cost of a pretty average B & B in the UK

IMG_0258.jpg

A bit above the standard of the average UK B & B

IMG_0241.jpg

The amount of English spoken varies around Poland and with the age of the population A smile and willingness to try and comprehend does go a long way Had an interesting chat with these local Poles who thought we were of wild camping

IMG_0288.jpg

I would happily go back to Poland and explore more Normally travel as a solo vehicle and had no problems with security in Poland

Regards

Brendan

I speak basic Polish and Czech, am planning a tour of CZ later this year but could incorporate Poland too

I do not speak any foreign languages and have had a great time in Poland, Romania, Slovakia etc. Travelling solo is no problem. Go and enjoy yourself and remember to post up some photos.

Regards

Brendan

... Go and enjoy yourself and remember to post up some photos.

Regards

Brendan

Be carefull, if You will see next to road signs with text as below :

"Droga Lesna"

"Droga prywatna"

"Teren prywatny"

"Zakaz wstepu"

"Zakaz wjazdu"

"Wstep wzbroniony"

"Natura 2000"

it means driving trough is illegal.

The same illegal is driving trough forests without permisson, except roads with "normal" signs ex. Right/Left to "Tokio 3km" ;)

regards

Krzysiek

• 3 weeks later...