"Eurosteel" plasma-alike

FridgeFreezer

so in the "Eurosteel-12", what does the 12 stand for since it's 8mm dia.?

Also;

EuroSteel 12 is designed to take a heavy off-shore beating, to include fresh and salt water immersion, constant exposure to heat, cold, UV rays and much more.

You don't tend to find many tree's growing in the middle of the Atlantic :rolleyes: bit like another RN quote I heard once to a RAF person "there's plenty of your planes at the bottom of the sea, but you don't find any of our Submarines up in the air" :lol: anyhoo, mud is going to be the main factor on whether this stuff will hold-up compared with also a days use of Plasma, would be interesting to see which lasts longer :)

TBH none of the synthetics stand up particularly well to constant abuse in mud, but at least you can put them in the washing machine :ph34r:

My two lines are getting on abit now so I am in the market for some new line but I hate being the one to test this stiff to find that the plasma is better.

But I'm all for compatition in the market place it may get the price down a bit. :)

Well i'll let you know what its like i've just bought 220 metres of 12mm (1 reel) £38 plus vat plus carriage!!!!

strangely the Lady on the phone said theres been lots of enquiries today.........And i bet most of them were not fishermen!!!

At that price its almost as cheep as bailing twine!!! :blink:

Well i'll let you know what its like i've just bought 220 metres (1 reel) £38 plus vat plus carriage!!!!

strangely the Lady on the phone said theres been lots of enquiries today.........And i bet most of them were not fishermen!!!

errr, so they're asking £130 for 30 metres worth of 12 with thimbles et cetera, what did you get for £38?

errr, so they're asking £130 for 30 metres worth of 12 with thimbles et cetera, what did you get for £38?

I bought not from ebay but southwest nets ( See 2nd post on the thread)

what i bought is as follows: 1 Reel length 220 metres Yes 220 Metres!!!

No Splice No Hook No Loop No Thimble just 220 metres of 12mm Eurosteel (10mm was out of stock) for £38 plus VAT plus carriage

I think our friend on Ebay is coining it in :o

At that price even if its not fit for purpose which i verymuch doubt its still cheap for good quality rope :D

Let us know what it's like James, I might get myself some of that.

As it's a 12 strand rope I assume it splices in the same way

Now if one was to buy a reel of rope what and where from would one purchase a suitable hook and thimble? Anyone know the best source?

I bought not from ebay but southwest nets ( See 2nd post on the thread)

what i bought is as follows: 1 Reel length 220 metres Yes 220 Metres!!!

No Splice No Hook No Loop No Thimble just 220 metres of 12mm Eurosteel (10mm was out of stock) for £38 plus VAT plus carriage

I think our friend on Ebay is coining it in :o

At that price even if its not fit for purpose which i verymuch doubt its still cheap for good quality rope :D

Oh yeah! excuse my memory when it comes to topics :lol: Your winning me over very quickly! I can always get thimbles and bits at possibly Sodbury, yum! :)

You want to make sure the rating's high enough AJL. I know a guy who tried to order a few km of 12 strand from a top manufacturer of cables and couldn't get anything with nearly enough tensile strength.

Will the stuff i've bought is BSi tested to 7.4 Tonne should be enough for an 8274

But what are its characteristics. If its not low stretch then it could be storing more energy and be more dangerous that wire. Hope you've got something good, I'd buy some, but on an even it would be difficult to tell one rope from another until it parted and that worries me.

Will the stuff i've bought is BSi tested to 7.4 Tonne should be enough for an 8274

Its the same type of stuff as what Marlow sold as Dyneema / Spectra originally designed to replace in mast wire halyards / up hawls and down hawls etc on racing yatchts very light and has very little stretch