Failed it's MOT!!

dkw1972

Hi all Newbe here!

My 97 300 series failed it's MOT the other day and now the snows gone and I can see it again i'm going to have to make a decision on repair/ sell/ break!

O/S rear inner arch corroded

N/S rear top shocker bush

O/S rear top shocker bush

front to rear brake pipe

Exhaust middle box

handbrake

advisory:

front pads

O/S wheel bearing play

O/S rear mudflap panel corroded

oil leak

It's not a huge list as you can see but it's due a service and timing belt too and the tax is now out, so i'm undecided if i'm going to repair/ break/ sell, mainly because I have so much on at the minute I don't know if I can spare the time to sort it! I have my eye on a TD5 so I don't know if I should just rid this and go for that instead!

Anyway if I decide to repair it the question is, what are the rear inner arches like to replace? where is best to get them from? I looked round online but not many places doing them, they seem to be around the £40 mark does that seem reasonable?

Many thanks

Sounds like a good days work to me.Just patch the arches but make sure you weld all the way round (seat belt anchor point).Bushes ,brake pipe & middle box won't set you back more than £100 & some left for a few shandys.Not bad really for a 12yr old truck

Thanks for your replies, I think it's a bit beyond a patch with where it is hence looking at the replacement panel! I've looked at prices to see what discos are fetching and as you say not much, which is why I was also thinking about breaaking it, it's an auto with a decent engine that's done less than 120k!

Hi all Newbe here!

My 97 300 series failed it's MOT the other day and now the snows gone and I can see it again i'm going to have to make a decision on repair/ sell/ break!

O/S rear inner arch corroded

N/S rear top shocker bush

O/S rear top shocker bush

front to rear brake pipe

Exhaust middle box

handbrake

advisory:

front pads

O/S wheel bearing play

O/S rear mudflap panel corroded

oil leak

i wouldnt say thats not going to take much to fix, and the cars too new not to.

get it fixed mate, thats good for years yet, mine is the same age, same mileage and its got a couple of rust spots in the same places and its easily repaired, go for it! if you like the car then have it fixed, if its not what you want then get it tidied up and sell, discos with no mot dont fetch much, with 12months ticket itll easily cover the cost of the repair work.

Worth buttons without an MOT.

Had similar problems with mine in Sept at MOT. local indie garage did:

New front wheel bearing

New swivel sphere & bearings

New rear damper bushes

Welding to both rear arches

Small patch to inner wing

Came to less than £450 including all parts

If the rest of the beast is in reasonable condition, go see a good local indie and get it done. At 120k it has plenty of life in it!