Trimming arches

Fish13

Hi,

Tried to do a search without much luck on the above topic - I seem to remember their being a 'how to' post on this but can't find it?

Has anyone got any photos of where/how they've trimmed their arches to fit bigger tyres? Fronts look simple enough but the rear arches by the door rubber seal etc look a bit trickier - anybody got any photos and hints?

Cheers,

Fish.

Wheel offset can make a notable difference to tyres rubbing. My prevois RRC with just a 2" lift was fine with 7.50-16 tyres on standard 33mm offset wheels, which tucked up nicely into the wheel arches, but then I fitted the same size tyre on modulars wheels which had 11mm offest and they started to catch on the lip of the steel body shell just inside the rear doors.

The springs and dampers will also affect rubbing. Stiffer springs (AKA heavy duty or uprated) prevent the wheels from rasing as much for a given load which helps. Longer travel dampers allow the axle to rotate more which moves the top of the tyre inwards towards the inner vertical fave of the wheel arch.

This is what happened to my current RRC to fit 33x10.50-15 tyres on negative 7mm offset rims (thats 80mm wider track width)

as i have a 3" lift and have 235/85/16 tyres and i don't need to trim anything!!!

What size offset is the wheel or which type of wheel have you fitted please?

I have this same setup with grizzly claws on steel modulars and wondering whether I can get away without cutting arches.

Thanks gents, Landybehr's link was the one I was looking for!

I've got a 2" lift at present with 235/70 R16's on, but was wanting to go up to 32"s or 33" Simex/Insa Turbo's. Would check they fitted first before getting the cutting tools out, but wanted to read up on how it was done before hand.

Many thanks!

What size offset is the wheel or which type of wheel have you fitted please?

I have this same setup with grizzly claws on steel modulars and wondering whether I can get away without cutting arches.

Hi i have Land rover deep dish alloys ;)