Hazard warning lights

Steve who co drives for me brought his Defender in this morning which has failed the MOT because the hazards don't work but the indicators do. We were thinking it was the switch so we took the one from my challenge truck which didn't work, when we put it back in we found that my truck has the same problem., indicators work but everything goes off when hazards are switched on and hazards don't work when tried with indicators off. Now we were we both need a switch. The next option was to remove the switch from my 110 which we knew worked but still no joy.

So the question is where is the fault?

Steve who co drives for me brought his Defender in this morning which has failed the MOT because the hazards don't work but the indicators do. We were thinking it was the switch so we took the one from my challenge truck which didn't work, when we put it back in we found that my truck has the same problem., indicators work but everything goes off when hazards are switched on and hazards don't work when tried with indicators off. Now we were we both need a switch. The next option was to remove the switch from my 110 which we knew worked but still no joy.

So the question is where is the fault?

surely must be flasher unit?

the flasher unit supplies the same 'flash' to the indicator switch and hazard switch, but is powered from two seperate supplies.

Hopefully this will help.

Thanks luke.

I did try shorting the terminals before reading your post. The lights did work ok so bulb side is OK connecting to one terminal did make the flasher unit work but connecting to another (not sure which) made something click and the dash lights illuminate.

Now as I've written that I'm guessing that was the ignition supply