Rear Heater Defroster

oakesy

:huh: Currently I am having to put up with hunt the break in the element game :unsure::angry: . So I thought sod this for game of soldiers. So I now use a portable car heater wrapped with duct tape to the hand rail aiming upwards. Great No :huh: I am down on the use of cigarette lighter socket. The question is. If I could reuse the defunct rear heater wires to a secondary fixed cigarette lighter socket?.

Or will this wire be too weak in use with portable car heater.

110 csw 1988 3.5

:huh: Currently I am having to put up with hunt the break in the element game :unsure::angry: . So I thought sod this for game of soldiers. So I now use a portable car heater wrapped with duct tape to the hand rail aiming upwards. Great No :huh: I am down on the use of cigarette lighter socket. The question is. If I could reuse the defunct rear heater wires to a secondary fixed cigarette lighter socket?.

Or will this wire be too weak in use with portable car heater.

110 csw 1988 3.5

Uhm, please don't do that. You need to figure out what the maximum current draw is for the device, what the wire length from the battery to the device is, and then install wire directly using a suitable rated relay and switch to control power to it. There will be some math involved, ask a friendly electrical engineer to help you, you may be surprised to find out how thick you need to go and I suspect fixing the original problem would be a better and easier solution.q

Uhm, please don't do that. You need to figure out what the maximum current draw is for the device, what the wire length from the battery to the device is, and then install wire directly using a suitable rated relay and switch to control power to it. There will be some math involved, ask a friendly electrical engineer to help you, you may be surprised to find out how thick you need to go and I suspect fixing the original problem would be a better and easier solution.q

Pity :( well looks like plan B :huh: Live without the original lighter socket. :(

get a 10 times maginier & then look for the broken element, or it could be a duff connection at the switch/relay/ or the wires at the door hinge line.

It is definately the element part that causing the problem as to the amount of silver paste been used. :P;):rolleyes::unsure: I think there a point when they outlive their usefulness. I did a quick check to see if the power is there and his came out okay. I only queried on whether to rig up a seperate area in the back for a cigarette lighter socket. Only snag I would have is to switch off. In what effect will connecting to the existing rear element loom wire cause as this goes through two fuses 10amp and my heater amp . Plus the advantage of a switch when acheiving desired evaporation.