300tdi and r380 from disco into defender

angusb

This is what I have in my truck. (200Tdi on disco R380)

The gearchange is in a really nice to use place, although you will need to modify your tunnel for clearance, else you wont get 2nd, 4th or reverse, as the gear lever ends up very close to the seatbox.

The high and low ends up sort of infront of that.

I'd post a picture but i dont know how.

Roland

This is what I have in my truck. (200Tdi on disco R380)

The gearchange is in a really nice to use place, although you will need to modify your tunnel for clearance, else you wont get 2nd, 4th or reverse, as the gear lever ends up very close to the seatbox.

The high and low ends up sort of infront of that.

I'd post a picture but i dont know how.

Roland

I dont mind modifying the tunnel to make it all fit. I have the whole car it's coming out of so I can use whatever's there and make the tunnel fit to suit. I was just a bit worried about it being too far back. Glad you find it comfortable to use. Thanks for your help.

Angus

Fitted the bulkhead ontop squire.

So you had the bulkhead out and dropped engine and gearbox in in one go? Then fitted bulkhead back and made tunnel fit after?

I was planning on changing the bulkhead at the same time anyway so I thought I might be able to drop in the engine, gearbox and transfer box in one go, then fit the new bulkhead and put the wings back on.