Wood Burning Stove

Mark

This looks very cool and very simple. The only oil burners I've seen have forced induction. Got any more details/design sketches?

Waste oil heaters used to be quite common but you don't see them around these days. I think they must be banned - at least in commercial premises.

The simple type I have used looked a bit like the pics below but without the chinese hat on the top. We called it the volcano. The tank at the bottom is filled with oil and then ignited (gas torch) the combustion is kept under control (just) by restricting the air. If too much air gets in they can burn a hole in the roof. In fact, in operation it resembled a buzz bomb engine set on its end. Very entertaining in the wrong hands :P

heaterLGw.jpg

heaterLEGENDamended.jpg

Waste oil heaters used to be quite common but you don't see them around these days. I think they must be banned - at least in commercial premises.

The simple type I have used looked a bit like the pics below but without the chinese hat on the top. We called it the volcano. The tank at the bottom is filled with oil and then ignited (gas torch) the combustion is kept under control (just) by restricting the air. If too much air gets in they can burn a hole in the roof. In fact, in operation it resembled a buzz bomb engine set on its end. Very entertaining in the wrong hands :P

heaterLGw.jpg

heaterLEGENDamended.jpg

the way this heater works is diffrent from theat wich I sugessted.Mine has the oil tank outside the burning area.

the way this heater works is diffrent from theat wich I sugessted.Mine has the oil tank outside the burning area.

Probably a better idea. To be honest, the thing was scary when it running at full throttle. I don't think it was as sophisticated as the one in the picture. I don't remember the damper in the throat of the flue pipe or the return pipe.

That is why the chimney has to go outside the workshop! :P

Chris

Chris all wrong.- :o Chimney outside will give you away!! :huh: Forgotten about eavesdropping ;) neighbours ? Mr Zroofinders is always sniffing my garden. This is what I use to avoid burning Epos and brake fluid, diesel, GREASE, HYDRAULIC fluids and copper grease :rolleyes:

But I have lots of wood for export! any one interested? Nice plices (Plices=prices in one country I know of)

post-7610-1235549460_thumb.jpg

Chris all wrong.- :o Chimney outside will give you away!! :huh: Forgotten about eavesdropping ;) neighbours ? Mr Zroofinders is always sniffing my garden. This is what I use to avoid burning Epos and brake fluid, diesel, GREASE, HYDRAULIC fluids and copper grease :rolleyes:

But I have lots of wood for export! any one interested? Nice plices (Plices=prices in one country I know of)

Dan, sorry but you need to rethink your stove design! that yellow material is unlikely to withstand the high temperatures generated and as it is open on all 4 sides it is inefficient, also your chimney is way too short! :lol: Good choice of fuel though.

Dan, sorry but you need to rethink your stove design! that yellow material is unlikely to withstand the high temperatures generated and as it is open on all 4 sides it is inefficient, also your chimney is way too short! :lol: Good choice of fuel though.

:P Stravaigin glad you mentioned that. That yellow bench is PURE Metal and withstands all type-o-heat!! :P I will elongate the pipes soon!!

Chimney outside will give you away!! Forgotten about neighbours ?

Cough - http://tinyurl.com/absfl7

Police raided a property after heat-seeking cameras identified a suspected cannabis factory – only to discover nothing more sinister than a wood-burning stove.

etc etc

The door key they used must have weighed about 14lb, with a long 'shaft'.

Of course, once inside they 'might' look for anything else that could justify their attention.

HTH