Aldi Super Specials

disco_al

If you want air then I did see that my local screwfix had a compressor on a 'managers special' for £55

Not sure if it's every where but it would be worth a trip

Not sure of the specs either but looked an average sized one wit a tank like the aldi one, if I looked too closely my wife just would;ve tutted and walked off

Is the compressor large enough to run airtools well enough?? as am interested in buying one of these but unsure what spec I need.

Cheers

Jon

I bought one last time it was on offer, not bad for pumping tyres up but wouldn't run a simple shot blast gun, on medium grit. I don't have any tools but will be off to buy a ratchet and one of them staple guns.

Is the compressor large enough to run airtools well enough?? as am interested in buying one of these but unsure what spec I need.

I have a similar compressor and the drill, cut-off saw and small disk cutter and my compressor can't keep up with any of them for more than a few seconds before they start to slow down. That said it's usable in a non professional way...

Cheers

Jon

i've got one of there compressors but it can't cope with air tools it only just keeps up with spraying, haven't tryed it with a rachet may get one and hope it will work.

i've got one of there compressors but it can't cope with air tools it only just keeps up with spraying, haven't tryed it with a rachet may get one and hope it will work.

Funny - I also have one of the compressors and it's fine with all my air tools. OK, it can't run them continuously - but you rarely need that. If yours won't run tools - I'd look at the hose and fittings!

Si

I've just got back from our local Aldi.

I bought a Compressor, one each of all the Air Tools & Accessories, 2 x litres of Compressor Oil and 2 x litres of Airline Oil

Grand Total = £299.14 :D

I haven't the time today to unpack and test them all properly, but they all look fairly decent quality and come complete with lots of accessories.

I'm well pleased :D

I had a "power craft" drill from aldi - fine for putting my decking together, but as soon as I tried to drill an M10 hole in a brick the chuck snapped.

great quality!

Well it has a good (three year IIRC) warranty, make use of it. Do you think you should have used a hammer drill on brick?

Chris

don't bother with the air speed saw they don't last very long (1/2hr) they did replace it no problem but that only lasted 3/4hr

to run drills grinders spot blast guns you need to have a big tank and twice the cfm that the tool says it needs also as large an airline as you can get

ped

Well it has a good (three year IIRC) warranty, make use of it. Do you think you should have used a hammer drill on brick?

Chris

it was a hammer drill!

it will be going back, dont worry! but for a refund, not replacement!

as the saying goes, "buy cheap, buy twice" (and also get left up **** creek half way through a job) :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else had a dodgy compressor from Aldi a couple of weeks ago? Mine leaks air from the brassy coloured connection to the tank, which must be in a specific orientation so I can't tighten it up. I'll be testing out their refund policy tomorrow as I guess they won't have any left. Shame really as it ran my air chisel pretty much continuously really well.

Chris

(Happy in the knowledge I'm picking up my new Disco later in the week! 99 300Tdi Auto with 84k :-)

So you cannot remove the fitting, apply some PTFE tape or other proper sealant and refit?

IIRC, the instructions for most of the Aldi stuff is to call the manufacturer who will presumably send out a repair man or a replacement. If you want a refund and have the receipt then you have a cast iron case for a refund.

Chris

If I hadn't bought it such a short time ago and it started leaking today when I fired it up the first time, I would clean and remake the connection.

They have assembled it with some brown sticky goo as a thread sealant, and there are two compression fittings onto the part, which then connects to the tank. I'll almost certainly have to remove the compressor/motor and pressure switch assemble to undo the compressions, and if it still leaks after that they probably won't be impressed I'd had it apart.

I'm thinking of a refund so I can get this one instead as it comes with the vacuum thingy and is made by SIP for only £14 more.

Chris