Please, can someone settle this argument

Paul64

Please, can someone settle this argument?

How many miles would you expect a 1997 Discovery 3.9 EFI V8 to do to a gallon? It has about 100k on the clock.

Thanks in advance

Cheers, Paul

Around 18MPG on petrol, 16 on LPG assuming you don't spend all your time crawling in traffic or thrash it everywhere. With a bit of enthusiastic driving it'll drop as low as 14MPG on petrol and 12MPG on LPG.

That's what mine used to do anyway and that had 145k on the clock when I sold it.

With a bit of enthusiastic driving it'll drop as low as 14MPG on petrol and 12MPG on LPG.

12mpg? You aren't trying :lol:

That's about right though, as far as best case goes. I've squeezed 18mpg out of a 3.9 Range Rover on LPG, but only cruising at 60mph on the motorway the whole way.

And if Auto around 3-5mpg less :)

Nige

Mine was an auto. The auto version is more efficient than the manual when it's locked up so loses out to the manual around town but gains on the motorway.

I once got 22MPG out of my RRC, 3.9 V8 auto because I was following a 200TDi that had seen better days.. that was on real petrol though not this silly unleaded rubbish that knocks a few MPG off. The 200TDi I was following did 18MPG which gives some indication of just how tired it was :)

Around 18MPG on petrol, 16 on LPG assuming you don't spend all your time crawling in traffic or thrash it everywhere. With a bit of enthusiastic driving it'll drop as low as 14MPG on petrol and 12MPG on LPG.

That's what mine used to do anyway and that had 145k on the clock when I sold it.

I'll go with them figures, 18 month ago took the LPG tanks out for more room, did 5000 miles down through Europe, Morocco and back, that was a slightly pricey holiday, but what the ell.

We've had several Disco V8s

3.9 manuals 16-20mpg

3.9 Auto LPG never more than 18mpg and was 'kin horrid to drive

Interestingly our P38 4.0 did 22mpg quite regularly. That didn't make up for its desire to have its gearbox taken out and put back in regularly though :(

Will :)