Driving light fitting

So i've got some driving lights but can't get the buggers to fit on the A-bar without fouling the rad grille. I've got a thin steel grill but the back of the lights still pushes it inwards. Anyone solved this other than trying to drill out the mounting brackets further forward (and spending £12 on a one use drill bit)

I also thought of mounting them on the bumper and enlarging the pre-drilled holes but would rather avoid the drilling...

any ideas?

Cheers

Dave

slacken the 'A' bar bolts & see if it will pull forward so the lights bowls will clear or just lightly touch the grille, only other way is to elongate the bolt holes or make a distance plate up so it fits between the lights bolt & A bar mounting tabs, these will move the lights forward as much as you want, just make them to the length to suit.

slacken the 'A' bar bolts & see if it will pull forward so the lights bowls will clear or just lightly touch the grille, only other way is to elongate the bolt holes or make a distance plate up so it fits between the lights bolt & A bar mounting tabs, these will move the lights forward as much as you want, just make them to the length to suit.

Drilled some new holes in the light mounting brackets and bob's yer uncle.

Should've gone for a air-con a-bar originally and they would had had loads of room...

is the A bar on the right way round?

arf arf... They're only 8" maxtel's. Will post pics asap.

Unfortunately they're going to stay cosmetic for a while until i get all the other spots/wiring i want and a mud dash then pay someone to put it all in in a one-er.

Dave