Power Steering problems

general-confusion

Not sure if this is the best place to ask but i think it relates to most land rover power steering systems. I was in the middle of a winch challenge (Santas 2008) when for no reason my power steering just stopped working, I opened the bonnet expecting to see a thrown belt or lack of fluid but found no visible problems , being in a competition I just decided to carry on with heavy steering and after about 20 mins I took off and landed with quite a thump and hey presto the power assist was back . Later I properly ended my day by standing the truck on its nose in about 10 foot of water. When the car was back in the garage I found that the pas fluid had taken on water and gone pink so I flushed and refilled it and on bleeding the system (turning lock to lock with engine running) it has gone pink every time for 6 flushes and refills and again I have no power assist. Getting bored and fed up and wondered if anyone had any ideas

Thanks Guys I think the 2 problems are not connected as the pas packed up before the water issues. I have even tried bleeding the top of the steering box and only get a small trickle of fluid out. Do you think its more likely the pump than the steering box as I dont see much fluid movement in the reservoir

If it's the round black plastic screw on lid type of bottle remove the bottle and thoroughly clean the bootom checking for small passageways or partial blockages, apparantly it's quite common.

No Howlin Wolf,come on man whats goin in ????