Towing bracket bolt holes

LandyManLuke

I'm in the process of making a new rear crossmember for my 90, and had hoped to measure the bolt hole size and spacing from the old one. Unfortunately the original crossmember is in no fit state to act as a template!

I'm aware that the crossmember had two sets of holes, can anyone tell me what each set is for (i.e what defines the spacing etc), and what the 'proper' spacing and hole size is?

Thanks

Luke

Hi Luke

I cant tell you the spacing off the top of my head but the sizes are usually 14mm for NATO holes, 16mm for standard towbar, or 10mm for the big bracket Ralph was on about, usually 2 16mm holes at the bottom centre, 4 14mm nato holes above that spaced around the centre of the x member, and either 2or 4 10mm holes depending on which dixon bate you have...

Clear as mud? :lol:

You are welcome to pop over and measure the 110 or the 109 up, both have nato hitches and I have a drop plate thing too that you could measure,

Mike

I'm in the process of making a new rear crossmember for my 90, and had hoped to measure the bolt hole size and spacing from the old one. Unfortunately the original crossmember is in no fit state to act as a template!

I'm aware that the crossmember had two sets of holes, can anyone tell me what each set is for (i.e what defines the spacing etc), and what the 'proper' spacing and hole size is?

Thanks

Luke

Standard 50mm towball has 2 holes Ø16mm at 90mm pitch.