Panhard Rod, Radius Arms

I had a look here: http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopi...dius+arm+bushes

I would like to install a set of new bushes to get rid of excessive play in the steering at high speeds. Are the new Britpart bushes any good ?(70% on road, 30% moderate off road)

I understood that by removing the panhard rod the chassis will move sideways. How do I realign? Will it help if I put the chassis on stands with having the wheels still on the ground?

It appears the the original bushes are in there. (Or replaced by other standard rubber bushes.)

Can I burn/cut them out and will I get the new (poly) bushes in without a press (can jack against rock sliders) or is there no way to get the job done without a press??

Thanks in advance!

Lars

1996 300tdi 90

for putting the panhard rod back on and associated problems of the body moving in relation to the axle......

attach the panhard rod at the chassis end - loosely - and lie on your back with your head at the axle end of the panhard rod bracket. Lift the P-rod onto the bracket and then put your foot / knee against the opposite chassis leg (dumbiron is a good place) and push. panhard rod will now go into place enough for you to slide the bolt in.